• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New and need help

chais87gt

Hi I need some help. I have a 87 gt with a 98 32v out of a Lincoln and the car runs great except at high rpms and when it's cold it spitters real bad takin off but quits when it's warmed up. It's like it just runs out of power completely at high rpms and falls flat on its face. I'm thinkin maybe a fuel issue?

whiteponygt

Put a gauge on it that will tell u a lot I had the same problem with a new fuel pump replaced every sensor on the car and It was a bad fuel pump out of the box

chais87gt

About how much fuel pressure should it hold? And if it is the fuel pump should I stay with one in the tank or put a in line pump on it? And what kind of fuel pump that's affordable do u recommend? And the fuel pump runs off of a toggle switch instead of the key does that matter?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the party. It looks like you are in the right place.

whiteponygt

35 to 45 ,fuel pump depends on your mods and also if it's on toggle switch is the switch getting hot?have you checked voltage at the switch?just curious why a toggle

chais87gt

The switch isn't getting hot and I don't have a clue why it's on a toggle. I've been wantin to do this swap for a while but I ran across this car for a good deal. I've only had it for about 3 weeks.

chais87gt

No it's only holdin 20. The motor is bone stock besides a cold air intake. What would be the best and most affordable fuel pump for it?

whiteponygt

255 walbro, I will tell u I was looking at the walbro or a bbk,I ordered the bbk it was 15more got it ship to the house opens it and it was a walbro pump.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I would suggest that you buy an inexpensive stock replacement pump to ensure that you have properly diagnosed the problem. Once you've done that, if you want to upgrade, at least you won't be complicating the problem by introducing another unknown.

chais87gt

I already ordered the walbro. I got a good deal in it about the same as the stock pump. Went ahead and bought a new filter and sendin unit to since my gas hand doesn't work. Gotta have some kind of hobby to drain the wallet. Lol