• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New here. Installing an 01 Navigator motor in a 79 coupe

boboli

Hello everyone.
I am planning a Navigator motor swap (with a 4r70w) into a 79 coupe. The mustang has sat in my yard for 20 yrs. A friend got it from a friend who was building it for road racing. It has a full cage installed and not much else. It's literally a rolling chassis. The plan is for a comfortable yet very bare bones street/strip car. I have swapped sn95 spindles, brakes, and a 3.27 lsd rear into it. I've stock piled some JY parts over the years and its about time to use them or get rid of them. I found a flaming river manual rack and steering shaft, eibach springs, a manual brake pedal that i will combine with a ranger master cylinder. I got lucky recently at the Jy and found a complete 98 Gt. I bought the k member, wiring harness, computer, and oil pan. I have some old 2.5 turn down tail pipes I will probably use.
The car is missing everything inside and out. All body panels/parts that could be removed. No wiring or interior. I am considering taking everything I need from a complete 84 Gt that I've recently re-purchased. It will make this swap a whole lot easier, even though I will feel bad tearing apart a car that only needs a drivetrain.
The motor does need chain guides. Otherwise I'm hoping its in good shape. I already have purchased a coyote manifold off ebay for a good deal and the MMR adapter plates. I plan to swap the oil pump out, so I'm upgrading to the cobra pump and pickup.
thanks for reading this.
More to come!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the party. It sounds like you already have a good plan, so post some pics when you get where you can.