• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

new in illinois

sweetstang

hi im in central Illinois and looking at doing a 3v swap into an 89 hatch.
I can get the motor and trans and stock computer pretty cheap and was trying to figure out what else I need from the donor car and what little and big things ill need along the way

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the site. You are in the right place. Tell us a bit more about what you have in mind. Do you have a relatively complete donor car? If so, you'll need quite a bit of wiring to make everything work right. You'll need to get a k-member designed for a modular motor. You can either get a tubular or a factory unit from a 96-04 Mustang. I haven't personally done a 3 valve, but there are plenty of folks here that can help you with the finer details.

sweetstang

yes it is relatively complete it was t boned toward the back and was planning on getting a tubular so I would have more room to work with I know ill have to get a hydrboost setup to clear the valve covers not sure what to do for the exhaust yet though to clear the frame rails

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The exhaust is actually pretty easy. If it is in your budget, JBA makes a really nice set. Have you thought about doing the interior swap? The S197 dash and seats look amazing in the Fox bodies. There are a number of well document swaps out there. Some of the make everything work, some don't. Here is an example:
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?s=580b1b4939c75b81d28b06859f133714&t=454647
I know there are some issues to over come with it, but might be worth a look.

sweetstang

I wish I could but I cant get the driver door open and how do you run the ignition to the start the car

sweetstang

do you know which jba headers fit ive been searching through the forum for a part number and cant find one

NightStalker

No just pass through there on the way to and from Illini games, and yep it was your dad, I'm in jacksonville

NightStalker

I may try to, not sure if I will have any of my cars available but may come over to look, who knows though may end up with another Mustang this week...

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Perhaps I overlooked it but I only see info for 2v and 4v headers.

From what I've found, there are no off the shelf headers (some even have trouble with stockers) that will fit a 3v in a Fox. There are 2 options; custom or adapters like those offered by Logan Motorsports.
Oh my mistake you are looking for 3V headers.. Let me contact JBA and find out which are the ones to use...