• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Member from Upstate NY

4eyedcoupe

Donator
Hello fellow stangers. I have a 86 coupe that I picked up about a year ago. Bought it as a roller, have had a 302 and a 351 in it, but never running. I keep changing my mind on the build. So now it sits again just the way I bought it. I put it up on craigslist, had a few people come see it, (one guy keeps coming back) but now I decided to keep it. So I stumbled across a 2004 GT that was in a colision for cheap. Has 60k on it, 5spd. No seats, or lights, but everything else is there. So I figure the price is right and I have everything for the swap right there plus a complete 5 lug conversion. I have never done a swap like this before, am I getting in over my head? or since I have a complete donor car it should be ok? Thoughts or input for a newb?

modularf

Lots of info on here to help with the conversation.. You will enjoy it in the end.. Just keep yourself focused:) Oh how did you hear about the site? Also get some pics up.. Welcome again and hope you enjoy your stay..

4eyedcoupe

Donator
Lots of info on here to help with the conversation.. You will enjoy it in the end.. Just keep yourself focused:) Oh how did you hear about the site? Also get some pics up.. Welcome again and hope you enjoy your stay..

I heard about the site while doing some research on the swap. I saw a post on another site recomending this site for good info. I am also a member of Corral and NYmustangs.

modularf

I heard about the site while doing some research on the swap. I saw a post on another site recomending this site for good info. I am also a member of Corral and NYmustangs.

Do you still have the link to that site.. Like to check it out and give them thanks..

4eyedcoupe

Donator

Do you still have the link to that site.. Like to check it out and give them thanks..

I do! it was moddedmustangs.com

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/5-0-mustangs/82449-4-6l-cobra-engine-into-1992-gt.html

Post # 10 by fordrarities

4eyedcoupe

Donator
couple pics of the 86

101_0004.jpg

101_0002.jpg

4eyedcoupe

Donator
a few pics of the donor car as promissed. This will be a project that my brother and I will be doing together. He is a new member as well(roachedone). This will be our first attempt at the swap, so wish us luck. We will eventually start a build thread.

101_0524.jpg

4eyedcoupe

Donator
The idea is that we want to get the coupe going for as cheap as possible. So far the coupe cost us $500, and the 04 was $1400