• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New member starting 4.6 swap in 90 notch

New to the sight, have a 92 fox as my DD. Just bought a 90 notch that I am going to do a 4.6 swap in. Never done a mod swap before so I'm sure I'll need all the help I can get. Especially with some wiring. Reading other posts tho I feel like I'm in the right place.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 41

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the site. You are in the right place, so make yourself at home. How deep are you going into the notch? Do you know what you want to do with it yet?

Thank you and I'm not wanting to go crazy but have a fun little car like my other. It was a a 2.3 car so I'm hunting parts now. I've already got the 4.6 out of a crown vic and wiring harness, fox length 8.8, UPR suspension, coilovers, tubular k-member for mod motor, all control arms, ect.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Sounds like you are well on your way. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of it coming together.

wtst91

I wired mine kinda like a jumper an it was only 4 or 5 wires did it only using pinouts and fox repair manual and a buddys 98 GT to probe and check where things went and had it running within 2 hours! Its not as bad as everyone thinks. i also apparently wired past the PATS , i ran it one day by accident without the chip :banghead:

LSUFANMICK

wiring will also be the scary part for me also. never messed with it before. But I do have a complete harness from a 98 Cobra is storage with the car.

vabeachsand

Hell yea I street Race!
Donator
Wiring really depends on the motor you use. If you go with the earlier style cobra setup you have more options vs the newer mod setup w/ coil over plugs. Use the same PCM to match your wiring harness and motor.

The standalone setups are great but you spend more time tediously wiring everything together. For a cheaper option you can also use a a9p fox body pcm from a 5.0 and a distributor drive setup. I have one for sale if you are interested.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I really like the COP wiring. I'm not a fan of the dizzy setup. The coil pack setup from that 98 Cobra will work as good as any. There are plenty of dyno operators that can dial it in.

cpearson1342

The wiring for mine wasn't too bad, just know exactly what you want to have in terms of traction control or anything else. Most of the wires come from the fuse box that comes with the mod motors or the two instrument cluster plugs. It helps a lot to have the connector diagrams from alldata along with the two files that I'm attaching (they're on the site, but very helpful if you haven't looked at them). If you need any specific connector pinouts let me know and I'll try my best to get you a copy.
It's basically figuring out if you need a wire or not, and if not take it out of the connector and remove the whole thing later. It's kinda a do it and figure out method because most of the time everyone's stuff is different or no one really answers quick enough.

Good luck and if you need any help, feel free to pm me, I was very lost before my swap too.

Attachments

• 46_harness_mod.pdf
    599.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Modular_Wiring.pdf
    963.3 KB · Views: 57