• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New member starting a 4.6 4v swap in my 88 notch

Joined this group in hopes of making the 4.6 swap a lot easier! Lots of great info. People on here seem to want to help each other out too. Looking forward to start.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Hi Nathan. Welcome to the party. I saw in another post that you already have a motor from a 98 Cobra and the harness from a 96. Start a build thread and tell us about it.

Probably won't start till fall. This year I would like to drive it this summer. Last summer it was apart for paint. Going to do a lot research and try to get my head wrap around on all what has to be done.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
If you haven't already, create a digital folder and copy all the details from posts into a build book

My recommendation for wiring if you like your fox interior and plan on keeping it. Try and leave it in place. Either making custom jumper harness on passenger side or turn your pcm into stand alone. Obviously much easier to type about this but with proper research should not be thay dificult. My problems that I'm having now is trying to hook up fox turn switch to sn harness. Still have to change headlight connections. Think it would have been easier to leave fox harness and use sn harness as stand alone.

takdashark

Donator
Smart move not rushing into it! I wish I possessed that quality lol I get an idea on Saturday night and go at it Sunday knowing I need the car to get to work Monday am :) This forum should have all the info you need to figure out how you want to approach it, and execute that approach.

I know the wiring will be a pain, but I'm hoping using all 96 cobra wiring harnesses will help. I already started labeling the cobra harnesses. Once I start pulling the fox stuff out, I plan on doing the same to those harnesses. then the fun begins!!

My problem was with trying to use fox switches with 98 harness. (Kept ignition, wiper, turn signal switch). Ironically 98 compination switch bolted to 84 column but apears larger in diameter than covers. And have sean on here were someone adapted later ignition switch to fox column. (Very interesting as fox switch sucks just falls apart lol wish I seen that before I repinned mine). Good luck.