• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New ... need some advice

Sonicoupe063

3u9egepu.jpg
a9yhe4e7.jpg
e5u4e9yh.jpg
sy5udude.jpg
ma9yre4e.jpg
uqutaneg.jpg
Donor - 2003 cobra Vert Project - 1990 Notchback running all parts in place
Cobra parts are all there nothing is missing (Runs and drives just damaged quarter panel)
Plan - swap engine , trans , interior , front and rear seats (..unsure of door panels at the moment )
My issue is that im unsure of the 5 lug swap ... Can i use the cobra calipers rotors ect or do i have to use 94 95 spindles ? what issues am i goin to run into with brake lines ?
Im going to aquire the following parts so far
aje k member & crossmember please let me know what im forgeting

Another reason im trying to find out what all is needed from the donor is because i need to start parting out the cobra in order to build up some funds for the project ... dont want to sell somthing i might need by accident also what all do i need to keep from the fox - All help is greatly appreciated thanks Chris

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
If i was you this is what i would do, it will make it so much easier in the long run. I would sell just the exterior panels off the cobra meaning hood, bumpers, lights, fenders, spoiler, doors WITHOUT inside panels, side scoops stuff like that. DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT sell any wiring or drivetrain parts from the car you will need it. I switched every bit of the harness in my coupe with a 96 cobra and it was so much easier. Keep the instrument cluster for sure also. If your gonna swap the interior keep ALL of it also. The brakes and spindles and wheels will work great. It is possible to get the IRS under the coupe but i would suggest a straight axle rear end. This is gonna be a sweet car when you get it done. If the fox has a 8.8 rear end i would stay with it. If your gonna swap the interior out with the terminator sell the the fox interior. All the fox wiring will go you can sell some of it if it is a true 5.0 car. Basically gut the fox and ditch everything, and gut the terni and SAVE ALL OF IT for the fox. If you have any questions dont be shy we are here to attempt to help!!!!

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Im unsure on the lines but they should be able to be used with very little modification. I used the hydo boost but used my fox lines because i decided to keep mine 4 lug. I used my fox fuel lines also but in not feeding supercharged engine either, I do know that there is some modification involved in getting the filler neck to work in a fox but nothing impossible there will be more ppl chime in on this im sure but like i said before just sell the OUTSIDE body parts for now on the cobra and SAVE everything else and i mean EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

Sonicoupe063

Thanks for the fast reply ... Fab work should be no problem as I am a mechanic for a living ... Just trying to get more insight on what is to come in the future ... Thanks pony !

Svt Fox

Staff member
The brakes are a pretty straight forward swap. Minor modifications like drilling a hole for the hydroboost. I do recommend using the fox style return style system (personal preference). Lines and fuel pumps can be upgraded.

One mod that I will be completing in the future that I do recommend (simply for ease of long tubes, tidy exhaust systems, and OEM serviceability) harvest the cobra transmission crossmember chassis mounts and crossmember too. If you plan on running the t-56, I would use OEM parts. There are aftermarket cross members available that a very acceptable for the swap, I just prefer clean, solid OEM parts. Like an unmolested, mint core support versus a tubular support (which I have).

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
SAVE EVERYTHING it will be alot easier in the long run. I took the entire harness from a 96 cobra and it fit my coupe like a glove, very simple install.

Sonicoupe063

Thanks pony boy .... I will probably make a new thread once I start and give details and pics along the way ... It's goin to be fun..... I was goin to ask what is everyone spending on A swap Similar to what I am doin ? So far my budget is looking close to 4 grand with both cars already purchased ... Any ideas ?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
You'll find the IRS is also an easy install. There are several good step by step articles out there.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Thanks pony boy .... I will probably make a new thread once I start and give details and pics along the way ... It's goin to be fun..... I was goin to ask what is everyone spending on A swap Similar to what I am doin ? So far my budget is looking close to 4 grand with both cars already purchased ... Any ideas ?

You should not be 4G in yours you already have EVERYTHING, most of us on here just do the Mark VIII or the 96-98 cobra swap, i would love to have done the termi swap but i could not afford the donor car lol. I think you and maybe one other guy on here is doing this swap, but i heard nothing from him in months so i will be wathching your thread close lol. Cheapest termi i could find here in KY was 7500 and it was a vert and the only salvagable parts was the drivetrain, it was a roll over and the interior was trashed. I have right at 3500 in my car TOTAL so i am right on budget with mine from when i started. I think your build is gonna be farely easy and we be so bad ass. Any help at all you just ask we are here to help, NOT to judge lol.

Sonicoupe063

I have both cars payed off and have 4 grand extra ... Notch needs paint and a little body work as well . I was also goin to add that the 03 cobra had a solid rear when I purchased it .... So irs isn't goin in the car

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Hell you may be driving it by the end of the weekend then lol J/K take your time and do it right.

Sonicoupe063

You know I'm really wanting to take my time .... I have been wanting a swap just like this for about 2 years now ... I purchased the 03 as a salvage title car about a year ago and the reason being is that I knew that when I was ready I would have everything ... So when it was hit I really wasn't worried about . Just another reason to upgrade !