• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

new out of va

gambling209

just introing myself and looking to get a post count update. i am looking at putting an aviator motor and a aode in my 93 mustang. have a harness from the aviator. any help on modding the harness or where to look would be great. looking to do this a cheaply as possible. will be using a 96 up k member and cheap stuff like that. 3 young kids and a single income will do that to you.

Last edited:

whiteponygt

the bolting is he easy part my swap has come to a hault from wiring issues, so just label everything, and uses as much as you can, you didn't give much info on ur car is this gonna be a dd or a drag car. you going for a stock swap or plan on building it

gambling209

it is my 4 banger daily driver right now. just going to be mostly stock with just an exhaust. but you know how that often turns out. it will remain mostly stock for awhile for $ reasons. maybe forever.

gambling209

i have a couple questions that i'll ask here. i know it is probably not the right place. if i don't get an answer i'll try somewhere else on here.
1. what are the basic things this 4.6 need left in the wiring harness to run correctly. want to get rid of as much b.s. as i can.
2. will the aftermarket tuners tune a mark viii computer or will i need a mustang specific one. i want to run an aode.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the party. I can't tell you much about the Aviator harness, but I can tell you I've never had good luck with chopping up a factory harness. It is possible, and there are a couple of guys on here that have done it. Are you in a location that has plenty of salvage yards? I know you are trying to do the swap on the cheap, but the right harness and the right computer would make your swap so much easier. The other option I might recommend is to leave the harness complete until you have the car running and then clean it up. That will keep you from having some of the headaches.

gambling209

there are a lot of salvage yards around here. what would be the right harness? I need one that the computer would be able to run the aode also. I don't want to buy a stand alone trans controller.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
32V/Automatic...That limits your choices a bit, but it seems to me a o3/04 Mach 1 harness would be just about perfect. Some of you other guys help me out here. If you local yard can't find one, they are generally available on ebay. http://mpsautosalvage.com/sunshop/ also has them in stock, but they tend to be proud of their stuff.