• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New to site, but two swaps old......

Speed Metal

Hello everyone,

I found this site a few days ago and I have been very impressed with what I have seen. My experience that I have is putting together two different modular swapped Fox vehicles in the last 3 years, 87 ford thunderbird turbo coupe and 84 Mustang GT turbo. Both used Mark 8 engines, cobra transmissions, turbo coupe rear ends, 5 lug swaps (94-95 mustang front spindles), 96 mustang stock K-members, COP conversion, and 97 mustang GT ecu's (with PATS). Both shared the same style wiring harness out of a 97 Lincoln Continental FWD wiring harness stripped down to a "standalone" system and the fuse-able link power system in each car was changed out to a 2001 Mercury Marquis engine fuse box that I re-pinned for each car. Also both cars have 97 mustang GT tach grafted into the dash to be controlled by the ecu, and the secondary runner controls in the intake converted to the pneumatic valves to be activated by a RPM switch and a NOS valve. The TC has a hydro-boost set up while the GT has manual brake set up. The GT has coil over front shocks and and a 97 cobra intake. I can go on and on, but I am glad to have found this site, and if anyone has any questions, just ask.
I will post pictures as soon as I can.

Thanks, Speed Metal.

Speed Metal

Here are pictures of my 87 TC and my 84 Mustang GT with the 4V 4.6l swaps. I only drive them when there is no snow or salt on the roads, but the TC picture is from 3 winters ago after doing the swap. (The 84 GT is faster but the TC handles better!)

Thanks, Speed Metal.

Attachments

• 100_0411.JPG
    100_0411.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 41
  • 100_0413.JPG
    100_0413.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 45
  • 100_0477.JPG
    100_0477.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 49
  • 100_0479.JPG
    100_0479.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 52

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the site. It sounds like you have a great deal of experience to share. Make yourself at home. You are in the right place.

Speed Metal

What are you swapping into a Thunderbird or Mustang? What info are you looking for, wiring, suspension, engine, brakes, PATS, drivetrain, or other? Right off the bat, the 87 Turbo coupe was 10 harder to do than the 84 Mustang GT!!

Speed Metal.