• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New to the site - Toronto, Canada

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the site. I think I've seen a couple of Canadians on here, but don't recall who. Make yourself at home and tell us about your swap and plans for the car.

89carb289

Bare chassis at the moment. Have a motor and engine harness with computer from a Mark 8. Plan to swap that in with a T45 5 speed, manual brakes, manual steering. Not really going for big power (350 to the wheels is my plan), but want it to be an all around car. DD that's good at handling and that I can take to the drag strip every now and then. Car is an '89 Notch that is going to need a lot of hours but will be fun. I know this site will help a lot.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Why manual brakes and steering. The power is a really easy install and makes that daily driver have much better manors. The site pretty much has everything you need in terms of information and builders doing/having done similar builds. 350 at the wheels is very doable. My last conversion does under 300 and is still fun to drive.

89carb289

I just like the clean look of a manual steering rack and no power steering pump. And it's cheaper since I don't have a rack in the car at all right now. I think the parking lots would be the hardest part. With the 4v I would have to go hydraboost for the brakes and doesn't that system work off the power steering?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
You are correct. If you don't want a pump, your stuck with manual. It isn't a bad option. And, if you change your mind after you run it for a while, it isn't a terribly difficult upgrade, even with the motor in the car.

Speedtospare

I live just east of Toronto. most mustang guys know me gtamc and TMC.

1907382_10152500485695470_1298076373350314428_n.jpg