• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Noob here 89 lx recieving an 96 drivetrain swap

DOHCfoxLX

headers.jpg sideshot.jpg
so I started on this journey last year after I wrecked my 96 cobra vert (profile pic) last spring. took tax return bought an 89 lx 4cyl car. i proceeded to strip the cobra and then remove the drivetrain from the 89. I have a upr kmember and coilover kit under the front end the cobra rearend under the back and that's about it. the whole project got put on the brakes when I deployed to Afghanistan last june just got back last month and am on leave presently but can't wait to get back to the house and start on the car. while on deployment I discovered I was on orders for Germany and promptly begged the wife for a on3performance twin turbo kit for my 4v motor that they recently released. other goodies I picked up on deployment were a set of 17x10.5 and 17x8 inch matte black bullits with nt555r rubber for the back and sumitomo rubber for the front which have been mounted on the car. small bit of progress that we made before I left was to custom fit the 96 gauges behind the 89 gauge cover. im going full manual brakes and steering with this swap have the brake stuf just gotta put it in and I gotta get the flaming river rack kit im looking to be back on here for the wealth of knowledge that I can already see is here and hopefully there will be some good advice from yall who have been around his block before thanks