• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Powder coated parts

Speedtospare

My spare cobra valve covers, timing cover, coolant crossover, and coil covers were just sent into the powercoaters last week. Does anyone else have there's coated or painted? I will post pick up when I get them back.

Valve covers and crossover pipe are going orange with gold flake. The coil covers and timing cover are being painted black.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
i got a buddy that does it lol. I thought about buying the gun and trying it for shits and giggles just to see if i could do it. You can buy the gun kits for a reasonable price, just use a conventional oven to bake it, disadvantage to the small oven is small parts only.

NightStalker

I have some parts powder coated on the 5.4 for my fox, some for the 5.4 in my 2002, and wrinkle painted a bunch on my 2003 Cobra...

Speedtospare

Orange with gold metallic. Hard to see the gold in artificial light. Timing cover is gloss black. All work was done by http://www.flashfirecoatings.com/ in Courtice Ontario. They did all the blasting and coating.

I didn't want ford blue, red, black, or wrinkle anythying as they were the most common colors people used. I wanted 2 stage but the costs would getting out of hand. This is what I decided on.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Speedtospare

Should brighten things up a bit lol. Most people overlook my car because everything looks factory. This should get there attention. I didn't want to disassemble the blower so it going to be painted black.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The do look sweet and should get some great attention. I bought a media blast cabinet and plan to do some powder coating on mine. Not a skill I already have, but looks easy enough.

NightStalker

I have some pics of my powder coated pieces... Wrinkle black but I'm not tryin to go for flashy... The coil covers are not powder coated just painted but they will be powder coated a blue to match the snake on the intake.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360443433.989071.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360443509.261927.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360443534.331846.jpg

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I about did a double take until I remembered you are doing the turbo install. I like the aluminum on the front. Looks sweet.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
That would be headers facing the front of the motor. Mine don't do that :)

NightStalker

Oh, I forgot about that... Yeah I hope it fits I there with them, thought they were going to hug the block more. I think they will but will be really close!

Speedtospare

Very nice I love the cobra intake and everything looks menacing black. You have all the nice polished pieces for the front of the engine. I run the Reichard Racing ac delete on mine (8 rib). Slightly more bling of your looking to best of the best (which you look like you already have.

and I know what that damn tension and crank pulley cost freakishly expensive. I have the same crank pulley in 15% OD and I want that tensioner.

Excited to see it completed