• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Question about a couple of pigtails??

ssowell

Howdy, I'm in the middle of wiring up my 88 notchback and was interested if anyone had a pinout for the three pigtails behind the drivers side kick panel. I have NO original dash harness so I can't trace it from there and trying to save a little time from cracking all that harness open.

I'm sure these are radio, fuel pump/sending unit, and lighting.

Please let me know!

l3ux.jpg

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Reach out to Futuraguy. I think he has a digital copy that can be emailed.

FuturaGuy

Staff member
Bill, gee thanks - I think - for "volunteering" me. Seriously, that looks like the connector that sends current to the power seats and either the rear window defroster or the convertible top motor depending on whether it's a coupe or convertible. I have the 1988 EVTM and can scan the appropriate pages and send them to you.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I'm sorry. Someone said they had them digitally already. I thought it was you. If you have to find them, scan them, etc. before you send them...I know I read that someone here had the digitally already. I'll look to see if I can figure out who it was.

FuturaGuy

Staff member
No need to apologize - I was just being facetious. I only have a few diagrams stored digitally, everything else is on paper. I can scan whatever anyone needs and store it as a .pdf file. Also have on CD the EVTM and shop manuals for 1998 and 1999. Those are harder to transmit digitally and it's easier for me just to print out the pages needed and then scan them. Hope I'm not breaking any copyright laws.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
No need to apologize - I was just being facetious. I only have a few diagrams stored digitally, everything else is on paper. I can scan whatever anyone needs and store it as a .pdf file. Also have on CD the EVTM and shop manuals for 1998 and 1999. Those are harder to transmit digitally and it's easier for me just to print out the pages needed and then scan them. Hope I'm not breaking any copyright laws.
you can also upload them all to our resource center:)

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Have you thought about adding the power options? My 86 vert didn't come with anything but power top. I gathered the parts to make everything power. The hardest part was the driver's rear quarter window regulator. I bought a set of doors from a 92 so I could have the power pedestal mirrors. The weather stripping will be a bit of a challenge, but I know it can be done, because I saw one at a show that was nice looking (except that it had an old school 460 under the hood). All the weather stripping was junk anyway, so the cost was the same. I paid $60 for both doors complete. The wiring harnesses were cut at the hinge, but I was able to get another set of harnesses for $20. The big things I have left to buy are the body panels.