• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

ready to go modular finally

whiteponygt

here is the donor car and the motor coming out

Attachments

• med.jpg
    med.jpg
    649.7 KB · Views: 60
  • motor out.jpg
    motor out.jpg
    896.3 KB · Views: 59

whiteponygt

lol the two tone blue and white not look good, im gonna paint it to match the car after i get everything fittted

whiteponygt

i suck at computers so the rest of the pics are being a pain to upload but catch everyone the rest of the way up, Ive mated the motor with the t45, and hooked up the wiring harness on the 4v. tomorrow i should be able to put the motor in the kmember and test fit it then time to tear it all apart again for paint

Svt Fox

Staff member
lol the two tone blue and white not look good, im gonna paint it to match the car after i get everything fittted

Thank gawd!!! I hate it when people paint the engine bay black (unless its a black car) instead of painting it to match the color of the car. It offends me lol!

whiteponygt

well i just ordered a set of longtubes should be here tomorrow then its time for the first test fit.id like some feedback on the imrc i seen foxnuts who i believe is no long with us block his off.i can find the pics now. so what did everyone else do with theres

Svt Fox

Staff member
well i just ordered a set of longtubes should be here tomorrow then its time for the first test fit.id like some feedback on the imrc i seen foxnuts who i believe is no long with us block his off.i can find the pics now. so what did everyone else do with theres

That's what happens when people get butthurt, it's the age old "I'm not playing anymore. I'm taking my toys and going home!!!"

To answer your question, it depends what you want to do. If you want to run them, you could hook them up to an rpm window switch.

If you don't want to run them. Wire them open. I would avoid deleting them like Foxnuts did simply because they are getting harder to find, especially the plastic versions. If you permanently delete them and decide, down the road, you would like to use them, you won't be able to.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Do you have a hydroboost brake setup, because you will need it in before you fit the motor. I just wired my IMRC's open. Svt Fox has a good point about later down the road.

Speedtospare

We removed the butterfies and JB welded the holes in my buddies 96 cobra. If you have some steeper gears installed get rid of them. I dont know one person who decided to put them back in. 4V cars are all top end.

Svt Fox

Staff member
We removed the butterfies and JB welded the holes in my buddies 96 cobra. If you have some steeper gears installed get rid of them. I dont know one person who decided to put them back in. 4V cars are all top end.

See, this is where you and I disagree. I know more than a couple people still running their's, N/A and on Nitrous. If you're pretty much stock (No boost) removing the butterflies kills what little torque these engines have down low due to efficiency/inefficiency of the B-heads. Not to mention, wiring them open is a lot easier than converting them to deletes.

It's all opinion based, ours just happens to differ.

whiteponygt

motormount.jpg i do have a hydroboost set up to put on the car.i got my headers today cheap flowtechs :-(. After asking everyone what to do on the imrcs i learned today one side is working freely the other side is stuck closed so.....i guess ill be removing the butterflies. Also has anyone else had issues with having to massage the motor mount on the passenger side to get it to go on the block i had to grind about 3/16 from the side to get it to go on.

Svt Fox

Staff member
View attachment 909 i do have a hydroboost set up to put on the car.i got my headers today cheap flowtechs :-(. After asking everyone what to do on the imrcs i learned today one side is working freely the other side is stuck closed so.....i guess ill be removing the butterflies. Also has anyone else had issues with having to massage the motor mount on the passenger side to get it to go on the block i had to grind about 3/16 from the side to get it to go on.

If you are using 96-98 cobra motor mounts, you shouldn't have to trim anything.

Your imrc's will free up if you soak them in degreaser. If you are dead set on deleting the butterflies and the imrc's themselves are aluminum, I would suggest welding the holes closed instead of using epoxy.

whiteponygt

small headers.jpg i am using the factory motor mounts i havent heard of anyone else having this trouble i guess im just the lucky one.plus the headers are here.Cheap ass flow tech. Im trying to keep the build cheap or i would have went with the kooks

Svt Fox

Staff member
View attachment 910 i am using the factory motor mounts i havent heard of anyone else having this trouble i guess im just the lucky one.plus the headers are here.Cheap ass flow tech. Im trying to keep the build cheap or i would have went with the kooks

Here is a picture of the pacesetter headers I purchased. I was not impressed with the quality at all.. So I sent them back!

vubuneme.jpg

Speedtospare

Its all good man! If we all agreed on everything it would be a boring world.

It been over 10 years since we removed the IMRC and if I recall correctly we lost 4 Tq below 3000 but gained 11 HP (at peak) and TQ above 3000. The IMRC's are a restriction and they really get gummed up (nitrous cleans them wonderfully BTW ) Even with the wired open they cause a restriction. This was on a 96 Cobra, SHM LT's, TB, and tuned.

IMO its the reason they deleted them on the 99-04 4V cars.

Speedtospare

I had a set of flow tech, man they were ugly headers. Seen a set of headmans, they were almost as bad. I am staying with the stock manifolds until I can afford Kooks. I want american racing but they dont have anything bigger than 1 5/8 for 4V cobra engines.