• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sniper Delta Tuning Kit

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I was gonna buy it but ran low on my funds so guess it will have to wait, everything I read sounded good to me but hardly anyone tunes with it, they all use SCT, or Quarterhorse. It all comes down to what you wanna do with the car, if you just want a driver like me I say go for it, if you wanna a strip car go with one of the others and let someone else tune it for you. I will eventually get the Delta force Sniper kit, the commando kit is a lot more complicated than the sniper kit. The sniper kit basically just tunes with bolt ons verses the commando can do just about anything a full blown tuner can do.

4.6coupe

Under Construction
Donator
I just can't pass up the opportunity to be able to toy with the settings at the track on a laptop for around $579 for the commando version... Atmosphere/temp exc. I suppose most people are scared to dive in and "learn" how to adjust the parameters. For the most part its a binary hexadecimal platform. I just dont like the idea of most tuners having a "propriatary" way of owning you. Yes you will still have to rent some dyno time but whats the big deal about having a wide band sensor welded into the exhaust and testing in 4th gear. I guess i like to play and learn a little to much. They offer a safe basic tune and then you can fine tune it from there. The commando version unlocks it all which comes in handy for dialing in injector timing for aftermarket cams for example... Ive got some more studying to do...

Last edited:

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I didn't dig to deep into the commando kit but I REALLY liked the sniper kit. I don't want my car on the track I just don't have the cash to fix what all I could break doing it, so that's why I was looking into the basic kit. But yeah man I think they have a awesome get up with a reasonable price range. And if you get good enough with it you can charge other ppl to tune their cars. Good luck on it and keep me posted on your decision.

4.6coupe

Under Construction
Donator
Yup. The commando kit is very complicated... But will be what i need for my application. Although nothing about my motor is stock, I'll need to do some more research. I do know that a lot of people make the mistake of buying a used computer and not verifying thats its got the stock tune. If it has been reflashed with an aftermarket one you run into problems. The kit requires you to load the basic tune in the #6 spot leaving you 5 tune profiles. But if the basic tune has been modified, the software modifies what it thinks is a basic tune and makes the "tune" very agressive. We'll see what happens...

<<<<edit= The delta force version is dealer unlocked to use on more than vehicle and $$$$$$$$$$$. The commando version comes with the basic sniper version to load up ur basic tune and all associated hardware/software. If i want to tune more cars i can but i have to buy "bullets" in order to do so. I guess if I had more than one race car to toy with this would come in handy. Just make sure to keep ur receipt in a safe place in case ur laptop crashes or is stolen. You'll need it as proof of purchase. FYI, 96-04 can be reflashed or use a chip, after 04 is chip only and before 96 is flash only. Version 23 is latest version and hasn't changed for a while now... If bought it cannot be resold. It is car specific only! Which as far as im concerned is okeedokee by me.

Last edited: