• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Some info please

Ted

Hello, I currently started parting out my 2001 Mustang with a 03 cobra swap. I have decided to swap everything into a nice fox body. Im trying to figure out what things need to be changed on the fox in order to do the swap. Do I need an aftermarket K-member etc... Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, this is going to be a turbo car. I have a cg fabrication forward facing hot side and im running a turbonetics 76mm ball bearing turbo. Thank you.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
K-member is recommended but im not blessed with a money tree out back lol so i had to use SN95 k-member. Are you planning on using new style dash? Keep all the wiring out of the car its easier than trying to peice it back together. There is a guy on here building a 5.4 turbo 86 car he can probably help with turbo questions, im all N/A lol.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
You might also contact Jonathan on here. He's running Maximum Motorsports K-member that is designed for the Hellion terminator combination. K-member choices really depend on what you have in mind to do with the car and what your budget is. There's nothing wrong with using a stock K-member if your combination will allow it.

Ted

Im trying to diagnose some possible engine issue right now so we will see. I recently sold the motor to a friend of mine and they installed it and they claimed rod knock. The motor was perfectly fine when I pulled it from my car. Now im pulling the motor back out of his car and looking for the issue. If the motor has damage then I have to rebuild it and then im going to throw it in a fox coupe.

Speedtospare

any 96-04 K-member will work with slight modification. I have a 04 cobra k-member with team-z a-arms. for some reason the teamz k-member was causing the motor to hit the firewall.

myers407

Staff member
The stock K member can be used with ease. You have to elongate the rear mounting holes but nothing to major. I am running the stock K and A arms from a 2002 on my 87GT. I did have to do a bit of trimming to clear the tires but it was not much. It will give the Fox a mean stance too.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Hello, I currently started parting out my 2001 Mustang with a 03 cobra swap. I have decided to swap everything into a nice fox body. Im trying to figure out what things need to be changed on the fox in order to do the swap. Do I need an aftermarket K-member etc... Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, this is going to be a turbo car. I have a cg fabrication forward facing hot side and im running a turbonetics 76mm ball bearing turbo. Thank you.
http://www.modularfoxmustangs.com/community/index.php?threads/modular-conversion-k-member-info.818/