• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

started my Terminator swap

EXP500

Well I am doing a terminator swap in my 87 GT, i picked up a 03 Terminator cheap and figured I would do something different, fox already has roll bar, and other high performance parts but this set-up has been maxed out. The terminator engine is being re-built and upgrading to arp 2000 hardware, Manley Pistons ect. This set-up got expensive quick lol, good thing was I sold the body kit and other parts I wasn't going to use but now I'mgetting going on this build, started tearing apart my fox, I want to use the cobra interior, dash steering column so my original dash is out with the wiring is out the supercharger is out just need to pull the motor however I have questions on the k member, what is everyone using besides a tubular, I know width is an issue but don't know what is best to do. Also don't want to fight with bumpsteer issues I hear about by mixing sn95 spindles and newer k member sorry if I already am in the wrong section for this kind of post lol

PS I was sick when I created my account here and don't even remember if I ever posted here or not
-pete

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Hi Pete. Welcome to the forum. You are in the right place. There are several discussion on kmember brands as well as the use of the factory (termi in your case) kmember should you want to go that route. You will also find some pretty good Near-step-by-step stuff on here for the interior swap. My personal opinion, kmember choice depends on what you want to do with the car. Now is a good time to cash a reality check on how you will actually use the car. AJE is one of the site sponsors and they offer a very well engineered and well balanced kit. The factory unit is a great option if you need to save a bit of money. You can always upgrade later to a tube setup. AJE also can give you the choice of using coil over or conventional springs and struts, with goes good with either the factory or aftermarket kmember. Are you doing the IRS conversion? I'm looking forward to seeing your build.

EXP500

Thanks for the reply! Here is what I'm working with!

The Cobra
20121103_150834.jpg
[/URL]

The Fox
track2.jpg
[/URL]

EXP500

The cobra had already been converted to a solid rear which I don't think it will help me however my car is 4 lug and I want to go 5 lug, I do have a 5 lug conversion kit however I do want to go disk brake without too many issues, any thoughts what to do? Just buy a 98 rear?

EXP500

Do we get a better price for the aje k member?

Also I have 18x9 18x10 Cobra Wheels, 275 up front 315 out back, lets make them fit!

Last edited:

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The 1998 rearend is exactly the same as the stick axle in your Cobra, so no need to buy. 315s will fit in the fender wells of a Fox with a bit of massage, but not with that axle and those wheels. The SN95 (94-04) wheel base is wider, which means you would need to either have a different set of wheels, or use a different axle. There are a number of options for the five lug, Fox width rear end with disc brakes, so don't give up on that if that is what you want. If you just want to buy and bolt in a disc brake 8.8, look for a Lincoln Mark VII or SVO rear. There are several other options, but those are available depending on your location and access to salvage yards. You could swap the axle shafts in your existing 8.8 and do a disc conversion. Your 275s have similar issue. They will fit if you use the Fox width front wheel base.

Last edited:

EXP500

I am beyond happy for the reply on That information! you are top notch! My biggest thing was wanting to use my E-Brake, would love to ask more questions but I'm blank right now that completely fliped my thought process on what I thought I knew!

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Don't get rid of anything from the cobra that you could possibly use, if you think " ahh I could maybe use that " then KEEP it for the time being. I cant tell you how many times I thought nah I wont need that and guess what I NEEDED later. Im running 275's on the rear of my coupe with 17x10 and they are close but they fit WITHOUT any fenderwell rolling. It would be some work to get 315's on the rear of a fox.

EXP500

Oh snap what's up bud! Havnt seen you in a while! Yea I'm from mission not too far from you, this weather has been super crappy so I have not been able to do anything it is driving me nuts!

99 big red

Yeah Pete tell me about it. I need a good three solid days to work on the coupes body to get it ready for paint. I haven't touched the car since November.

EXP500

That's unfortunate, I have been working on mine sparingly, I pulled my supercharged 5.0 and installed it in my 92gt, and I am having some custom a-arm bushings made with an 8mm offset so I can run the 03 cobra spindles/rack and fox control arms. Worked it out so I should be about the same as a fox track width,