• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Still have some questions

WhiteSox.35

I am a new member, just found this forum; a lot of good information. This is my issue, I bought a 88 GT that already had a 03 Mach 1 engine and transmission in it. It also has the Mach 1 dash, gas tank, etc. Mechanically everything works as it should, CC, AC, heat, runs great but the body both inside and out are in poor condition. I found a roller 90 LX that is in really good shape. I would like to leave the FOX factory interior intact if I buy the 90 LX. This is where I start to get confused from what I have read on the threads thus far. If I understand correctly, I can leave the factory dash in the 90 LX and splice the wiring harness from the Mach 1 engine but some things will not work properly or at all. Can someone tell me if that is correct and if it is what will not work? I also need some more information on the PAT disable process if I leave the factory dash in the car (what that entails). I am basically trying to figure out if it will be cost effective to buy the 90 LX or fix the 88 GT. Thanks

whiteponygt

The easiest thing to do is take the dash harness from your car now and put it into the 90 roller and splice the fox ends onto the mach harness, I fought for a month trying to make my own harness trashed the idea and just cut and spliced it took about a week to get everything function working on it in the afternoons.

WhiteSox.35

So if I take the wiring harness out of the Mach dash and put it in the 90 LX everything should work once it is hooked up properly? And I won't need anything else? Thanks.

whiteponygt

I Had TO SpLice I The Defrost Module From The Fox And Cut And SpliCed The Harness RightBehind The Driver Seat So All Of The Light Sockets And Defroster Plugs Were The Ones I needed