• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Street Outlaws Tonight

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I watched this show last week and was hooked, a lot of people talkin smack about these boys, but I think their cars are crazy fast. I even talked to some of them via the internet. The show does have drama but what show doesn't these days. Check it out tonight at 10:00 EST on Discovery Channel

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Flip had a fast elco that's for sure, hell they all have fast cars. Check this guy out on you tube he is part of the Midwest street cars crew. Look up BoostedGT runs a small block turbo stang that is QUICK!!!!!!!!

Svt Fox

Staff member
Flip had a fast elco that's for sure, hell they all have fast cars. Check this guy out on you tube he is part of the Midwest street cars crew. Look up BoostedGT runs a small block turbo stang that is QUICK!!!!!!!!

Yep. Flip died on 05/28/13. Suicide I heard. What a waste.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
There is a lot of people trashing this show, but I bet these cars would drag the ass off of most of them talking smack. I cant wait to see the murder nova go down the street.

Svt Fox

Staff member
There is a lot of people trashing this show, but I bet these cars would drag the ass off of most of them talking smack. I cant wait to see the murder nova go down the street.

I think the reason why is, they are trying so hard to look legit and throwing around claims like "fastest street cars in the country" around every 10 minutes is making them look like posers.. Not to mention the well lit "abandoned" roads..

Svt Fox

Staff member
I'm not saying they ARE posers, I'm saying they are coming across as posers..

I know people in Milwaukee, Atlanta, Houston, and Chicago that would MURDER these guys however, none of those people tote around stating they are THE FASTEST in the country.

Nonetheless, I think it's very entertaining to watch and has some very comical moments when they are trying to be suspenseful/dramatic.

thumpin355

I watched this show last week and was hooked, a lot of people talkin smack about these boys, but I think their cars are crazy fast. I even talked to some of them via the internet. The show does have drama but what show doesn't these days. Check it out tonight at 10:00 EST on Discovery Channel
I like the show but don't start talking crap bout street legal at least half of the cars that i saw were trailored to the race and that is not street car i am form nc and the part of nc that i live in is renowned for its engine builders and what is the deal with all the laughing gas come on man that crap is for people that can't make horsepower on there own they have to buy there go fast in a bottle. the only damn thing on that show that rides the roads is that pos farm trk and theirs is a crate engine ordered from gm or who ever i have a 496 @14.2-1 compression that is pushing over 1200hp on good old fashion air and fuel no supercharge or nitrous so don't talk crap when they all roll into the race driving what they are gonna race then there list is bull they just to cheap to go to strip and pay cover to enter and win bunch of jokes in the engine world!!

thumpin355

I'm not saying they ARE posers, I'm saying they are coming across as posers..

I know people in Milwaukee, Atlanta, Houston, and Chicago that would MURDER these guys however, none of those people tote around stating they are THE FASTEST in the country.

Nonetheless, I think it's very entertaining to watch and has some very comical moments when they are trying to be suspenseful/dramatic.
Amen brother the only street car that i have seen is farm truck the rest are just a bunch of nitrous huffing parts swappers when they start driving the car to the race that they are gonna race then they can say street racers but till then they are just to cheap to go to track and run the real boys but it is fun to watch i agree with that but they don't need to come done around concord nc they would get them feelings hurt by carbs we don't need the laughing gas we make horsepower with air and high octane maybe alittle nitro on occasion

Svt Fox

Staff member
so don't talk crap when they all roll into the race driving what they are gonna race then there list is bull they just to cheap to go to strip and pay cover to enter and win bunch of jokes in the engine world!!

I don't think he is talking crap, he's just stating that the cars move out, whether they are considered true street cars.

I consider what most of us are building here to be "true" street cars. For instance, my goal is to have a 500rwhp car that can reliably drive anywhere, with cold working A/C, comfy and quiet enough that my wife doesn't hate going on trips, getting 22-25mpg on the hwy.

Running the 4.6, I know this will require some sort of power adder.

I will say that my combo laid down a 13.1 @ 103.7, N/A, on 87 octane. I am averaging 20-21mpg between in town and hwy driving. I've driven the car 2/12-3 hrs one way (multiple times), and have put over 3000 miles on it since March. :)

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Not to mention the well lit "abandoned" roads..
My family and I are from Purcell, about 35 miles south of OKC. There are plenty of places like that in OKC. I can't attest to the "fastest" bull, but they do have some serious street racing in the area and have had for a long time. We used to go up to "cruise" when I was a teen.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
It is the definition of "street car" that bothers me a bit. I'm wondering how may of them would actually pass even a basic safety inspection.

Speedtospare

Agreed. Street car in Ontario here means no cage, full emissions, pump gas. We have strict emissions laws and many get around it, but imo that's not a legal street car. classic cars are exempt since they came with no emissions. I consider my car a weekend warrior but it is a true street car. I have no fear driving it anywhere over any distance. Been to the track numerous times which is a 2.25 hour drive one way. Car gets 24 mpg, meets all emissions requirements, etc. Car runs mid 11's and I have plans that will make it a 9 sec true street car that is easy to drive.