• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sweet looking mod motor Fox that I hadn't seen

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I'm way more willing to invest the time in fiberglass than trying to do the metal work but dang!

mustang.JPG

http://blog.brothersperformance.com...o-styled-89-ford-mustang-notch-back/#more-642

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill

Staff member
Donator
This was the first one I've seen done in all steel. The parts to do it in fiberglass are not terribly expensive. I want to put the Shelby tail lights on my vert. This particular all steel unit would not pass safety inspection in most states, as it has no side marker lights. Which didn't make sense, as they would have been easy to install and added to the '68 retro look. He did an amazing job on the body and then gave up on the details that would make it nice to drive, give it good street manners, let you pass a visual inspection at a drag strip or autocross/open track, etc. I just wish I had that level of body working skil to be able to one I've built that absolutely everythingworks on and make it pretty.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Agreed. There is quite a bit of information out there on the car, the work and time he put into it. I was impressed by the amount of metal work that went into it. I wish someone offered something similar as a kit. I plan to use a widebody kit on my ride, but it there was something that looked this good available, I would consider changing my plans

Bill

Staff member
Donator
It is an amazing car. The functionality and attention to detail are admirable. Unfortunately, it isn't something that can be built by the average (or even above average) home mechanic. That isn't a complaint. Builds like this inspire guys like us to take on projects that take us years to build.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
It is a beautiful car (the red one). And, I'm sure he has $25K worth of labor into the body. I would have like to see it be built as a complete car, with some chassis stiffening, suspension, etc. Unfortunately, most of these builds are labors of love and will never fetch large sale prices.

Speedtospare

Yellow, freakin amazing build, red not so much on the styling, but well build and lots of time and money invested.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
My respect for the styling comes from the fact that it is all metal. I would have liked the red one better as a vert. With the top down, you wouldn't notice the different roof line quite so much.

Svt Fox

Staff member
My respect for the styling comes from the fact that it is all metal. I would have liked the red one better as a vert. With the top down, you wouldn't notice the different roof line quite so much.

I have a lot of respect for the idea, labor, and execution... Not so much for the eye of the overall design though.