• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

TUNNING SOFTWARE ???????

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Anyone using it or what, if so would you recommend it, seems to be a huge pissing contest between SCT and Delta Force. I know SCT has to write the tunes then email them to you, and DF you can do it yourself, cant really get into to much debt on it though but i dont think i would wanna go into it that much myself. I have been researching this quite a bit and im leaning towards DF Special Forces software. Does what i think i need and doesnt get to crazy lol. I see alot use the hand helds, give your alls thoughts GOOD or BAD!!!

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
SCT have the Proracer package.. You can do all the tuning yourself.. Anything you want to know about SCT, I can help..

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
SCT have the Proracer package.. You can do all the tuning yourself.. Anything you want to know about SCT, I can help..
Yeah but I dont want to have buy the software then buy the handheld, trying to keep my cost within reason on it. I looked at SCT Proracer then i read that a handheld was needed also i cant do 800 bucks right now lol.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Yeah i see alot of guys online using the QH. I dont want to go crazy tunning just be able to make the most out of add-ons. Im looking at the delta force SF really hard. Thanks for the info Admin.

whipple95cobra

I have the delta force on my 03 cobra and f150 easy to use files are easy I just keep a log book with it for the tune made and the location its saved in.just seems easier with the log book.they also have great support techs they have helped me with any issue that I may have had witch the issues we self inflicked my fault.sniper support is always ready to help you.

Kurt

If the question is about software, it's really really hard to beat Binary Editor. I have used alot of these software packages and BE is by far the best bang for the buck you could ever ask for. It's one and only down fall is it's available Definitions. For example, if you need to tune your slightly odd ball Ford Explorer, you will be out of luck with Binary editor because there is not an available definition for a Ford Explorer. Where as the Big guys (SCT, DIABLO, DELTA) will have a Definition file for a Ford Explorer. However, if you have a popular/commonly modified car like a Mustang, Binary editor will have a definition for it for free or a very reasonable cost.

In terms of hardware; Nothing can do what the Quarterhorse is capable of doing in conjunction with Binary Editor. It literally has no competition. However, you don't have to use a Quarterhorse with Binary Editor. There are other options like a J3 Chip and Moates' J3 Chip burner. Binary editor can do a flash tune also with an OBD-II flash cable like the Mongoose (less popular/cable is rather expensive).

BE $160
Chip $60
Burner $75
Definition Free-$25

You can do full - no limit - tunes for about $300 or less.

Don't think that your Ford has to be flash tuned. Up to '04, you can either do a flash tune(OBD-II port) or a chip tune (J3 port).

Svt Fox

Staff member
Thanks for contributing Kurt! That information is huge help to current (and future) members attempting to execute a modular swap!

86GT2go

I just picked up the SCT X3 for my Lincoln. We'll see how that goes, as I am NOT an electronics guy at all! The gentleman I bought my hand-held from will burn me tunes for $50 a pop, but I also believe the unit has the capability to log info as well, making it handy for future tuning duties. I know it will/can store 3 different tunes that you can load up.

Brink

How do all of these compare as far as ease of use? Do any of them allow you to disable pats?
I bought a chip for my 94 from moates a long time ago and was completely lost with the program.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I still have not bit the bullet yet on the sniper kit but yes it lets you disable the PATS system. From what I can tell it is very user friendly for just about anyone, lol that's great for me because I am computer ignorant.