• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Upgrading Fuel System Wiring

cpearson1342

As many of you know I have a mach 1 engine which has just recently received an eaton swap along with Cobra fuel system upgrades. Now I didn't know this, but my tuner informed me that the mach 1 has much smaller gauge wiring than the cobras, causing the fuel pump duty cycle to be somewhat significantly increased over the Cobra. I compared with our 03 Cobra where the mach was at .25 duty cycle at 3500 rpm, while the cobra maintained its .21 duty cycle that it and the mach had at idle. Basically just an FYI to anyone planning to do any fuel system upgrades, if you don't want your fuel system to be maxed out before redline, think about upgrading the wiring going to your fuel pump. Mine is now 10 gauge wire from fuse box to pump and has a duty cycle of .20 at idle and at 3500 rpm. Hopefully this will help some people as I was clueless to this, and was about to go to a tuner that did not recommend checking any of this, hence why I am going to the other tuner.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Awesome Tech. I did not know that and had not though about that portion of the fuel system. Thank you for sharing.