• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Welcome 88mysticgt to Modular Fox Mustangs

M

ModularFox

88mysticgt Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website. If you have good info to share with the community please post on your Modular Information fourm.

Again Welcome 88mysticgt

88mysticgt

Thanks glad to join. Was thinking about selling the car but with the market being so bad right now I don't want to take a big loss. Putting a mod motor in my fox has always been something I have wanted to do. I understand every build is different but about what is the price range you guys spending on your cars for 2v and 4v swaps from scratch (I don't have a parts car or anything like that). Just trying to do so planning before I start anything. Thanks

modularf

So Far, I have spent
500 dollars for 95 Mark VIII running
1500 dollars for 88 Mustang GT
600 Manual Rack and Pinion/Manual Brake/Fuel Rails/Fuel Lines

Work Still in progress...

88mysticgt

Thats a pretty good deal if the mark viii ran good. Those motor are a little different then the cobra's though aren't they? I think I remember someone saying the cams, intakes, and something else were different can't remember exactly what else. Do they still make decent power to drop in when you do the intake change?

modularf

The 4.6 engine in the Mark VIII utilizes a thirty two valve, double over head cam design to create 280 horsepower. We just want to get it running first and then we will redo the combo....