• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Well the car is amost done....thinking of the next project

Speedtospare

Not too much left to do on the car. Swap the gauge cluster, install stereo, Vortech is going on in 2 weeks, and probably throw some new paint on it next year or over the winter.

So its on to the next project. One of my favorite cars of all time is the Datsun 240Z. I am thinking about building an LS3 or above powered 6 speed Datsun 240Z. Since the Mustang is set up for drag this car will be made to handle. The Aluminum LS motor and 6 speed only ass 30 lbs to the ass end of the car. This build is going to take a lot longer that the modfox as just finding a decent 240Z is a challenge. I might have to travel to Arizona or Cali to pick up a shell

8068939174_a9ae58194e_o.jpg

Wreckedj30

That'd be very nice, I had a 73' 240 z a few years back, swapped a 83' 280zx turbo with the t5, bigger t3/04 turbo,fmic, injectors, maf swap. It was very nice made around 280rwhp everything was direct swap just a shortened driveshaft and a complete 280zx for donor. The ls swap is very pricey depending which year and model ls setup and what computer and wiring you go with, but I know they make an aftermarket kmember and trans mount so it's mostly a bolt in swap also. If your interested In more info jump on zdriver.com or hybridz.org I know there's a few Canadians online up in BC and Quebec.

Speedtospare

They actually make complete swap kits for a LS setup for around 1000-1200 US. Thats the direction I will be heading. Wide says I have to finish her 87 Vert before I can build another.

Wreckedj30

Yea the 1k is just for the crossmember and mounts. Unless you find a very cheap wrecked car your still going to spend 5k plus on motor ecu and trans. Especially if your shooting for ls3, I myself, if your 100% you want a Chevy swap, I'd find a late lt1 or early ls1, because camaros, firebirds and vettes all had them, plus the last of the ss and trans-am's had 6 speeds. Even a avalanche with an intake and cam swap would be awesome. Which ever way you decide will be awesome, and you'll have a blast.

Speedtospare

I will probably use a 5.3L out of the new tucks. I spent 17K building the modfox. The Datsun will probably run over that. I am budgeting 20K

Wreckedj30

That'd be awesome too. But me being a die hard core ford fan I'd build a monster miata with the 5.0 or 5.8, If I had to build an Asian car I'd shoot for an early crx with s2k motor, or find another 70'-73' 240z and build another l28et or upgrade and swap a skyline rb series motor. I guess you can say I'm more of a purest than most. Lol