• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What to look for in a Fox Body

86GT2go

Back to your original thought, besides body work (which if you are a Fox guy you know where they rust) it will depend on just how top-notch you want the car. A lot of little things (manual mirror adjuster dust boots, tail light rubber boots, GOOD quality dash pads for 83-86 cars........) will make it a bit tough to get the car in excellent shape. Also, things like the butyl gaskets for the tail light hardware (acts as a gasket to seal the studs from the interior of the trunk) and quarter window hardware are not available, but can be made from butyl rope (available at most body/paint supply houses). Little clips and fasteners aren't available either, so get as complete and well cared-for example as possible. If you need any of these little parts, salvage yards are a good source for these parts.

markolson

This was EXACTLY the information I was looking for. I figured there were some things that are not yet being reproduced and no longer available from Ford.

Thanks!

86GT2go

Yes, sadly there are quite a few little things that aren't made or are of questionable-quality-reproduction out there. I can't put a name to all of them until I find myself needing them, but there is quite a bit. Luckily, a vast majority of parts are out there, and with careful searching can be had. A lot of the original decals and tags are not reproduced either, so if you are wanting to make it look stock (even if it isn't!), it can be hard.