• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Whats up everyone.....AutoMATIC Win here

AutoMATIC WIN

i have a 2006 mustang gt (AUTOMATIC)....just had the motor completely rebuilt and installed it last weekend....but I still have the same problem that I was having before I rebuilt...
Problem is...when the car gets hot/operating temp and put in gear and the throttle hit, the car starts stumbling like a really bad skip....
I have tried just about everything I know....but this week I was messing with it and moved the wiring harness and it was like the car's engine speed was changing....so im thinking a short...
My question is....does anyone know where or have a diagram of all the wires that connect to the PCM....and how to check for a short.... thanks

cpearson1342

Here's all the connectors that come up for the pcm, but I'm not sure where exactly it is. It's probably easier to just check over all of the wiring to make sure it hasn't rubbed through in any places first, especially where it goes through places like the fender aprons. Otherwise you would have to do a continuity test on all of the wires from the pcm and check them on the engine side, which could take a while

Attachments

• 2005 PCMe 2.PNG
    2005 PCMe 2.PNG
    104.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 2005 PCMt 1.PNG
    2005 PCMt 1.PNG
    144.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 2005 PCMe 1.PNG
    2005 PCMe 1.PNG
    139.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 2005 PCM 1.PNG
    2005 PCM 1.PNG
    144.1 KB · Views: 39

AutoMATIC WIN

Here's all the connectors that come up for the pcm, but I'm not sure where exactly it is. It's probably easier to just check over all of the wiring to make sure it hasn't rubbed through in any places first, especially where it goes through places like the fender aprons. Otherwise you would have to do a continuity test on all of the wires from the pcm and check them on the engine side, which could take a while[/QUO

Thanks man...ill give it a look at....this is really getting annoying...once the car gets warm and I tap the gas it will start heisting...like its starving for gas or air...replaced MAF yesterday same thing... do you or anyonelse think it may be the upstream 02 sensors.....my mods aren't that big... just BBK 62mm...Airaid CAI..Longtube headers with catless x-pipe (both BBK) and SLP loudmouths...and BAMA Tune