• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Whats up New to the Forum Not to Mustangs!!!

93gt4v

Hey what's up all, I am a huge mustang guy. I have owned countless mustangs. The one I have currently I have owned for almost 15yrs and is my pride and joy and survived a lot. I have a 93gt with 88k original miles it is a Two Tone Reef Blue/Grey and Grey leather fox. I am doing a mod swap to her I already picked up the motor, a 98 Lincoln Mark VIII engine, and TR3650 and QA1 tubular K, That I bought from Jegs and is on back order til May 23rd!!!!!! Hoping to get some helpful hints in doing my swap. I am either going to keep all my wiring and wire up a 96 cobra harness, or going to switch the harness front to back from a 96gt.

93gt4v

I actually just picked up a 96gt roller, everything minus engine and trans. Has a bunch of NA 2v parts in the trunk. I picked up the car for very little and it has all the wiring. I am going to just swap the wiring front to back. I am going to use the 96 cobra cluster I have sitting around, I am going to see about making a plastic trim to close up the gap and make it look alittle more factory.

Svt Fox

Staff member
I actually just picked up a 96gt roller, everything minus engine and trans. Has a bunch of NA 2v parts in the trunk. I picked up the car for very little and it has all the wiring. I am going to just swap the wiring front to back. I am going to use the 96 cobra cluster I have sitting around, I am going to see about making a plastic trim to close up the gap and make it look alittle more factory.

Why don't you use the factory fox gauge cluster?

93gt4v

I had thought about it, but I already have the cluster and to make it alittle easier I am switching wiring front to back. The whole inside of my car is going to have sprayable seam sealer layed down to close the holes, and then I am going to run 1/4 dynamat, dynapad. While it is stripped down, I am going to repaint the entire underside of the car with basecoat/clear coat. Running a body shop has its perks at times LOL.

Svt Fox

Staff member
If you change your mind, I am running a fox cluster, with a 96 GT EEC, with cop. Everything works, very well.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the show. Looking forward to seeing you gitterdone