• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Where are you guys finding your throttle body cables?

vabeachsand

Hell yea I street Race!
Donator
I have a set of B heads and intake from a 98, and I can't seem to find the correct throttle body cable for my intake.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
i shortened the Mark VIII cable and used it with the Mark VIII 97 intake. Not sure how long it will hold but seems to be fine for now. I just cut it to lenght, drilled the end out a bit and JB welded the cable back to it. Like i said may not hold up in the long run but it will work until i get it running. I think alot of guys are using the cobra throttle cable. One will run you around a hundred bucks on the BAY.

vabeachsand

Hell yea I street Race!
Donator
Thats what I was thinking. Is there anyway that the mark 8 cable could be modified to fit the cobra intake?

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I just checked the bay and looks like the 94-95 throttle cable is very similiar to the 96-98 cobra, mine looks totally different than either one

Speedtospare

150 bucks from fleabay for oem unit. Some guys claimed to have an oem one for sale. It was chinese crap when i recieved it, i returned it claiming it was a scam.

Yeah. Ebay is about your only hope for a 96-98 cable. Unless some small Ford Dealer in a small town has one stock pileds and they don't know about it. lol.