• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Which radiator?

takdashark

Donator
image.jpg image.jpg Are you running the foxbody radiator, 94-95, 96-98, 99-04, Mach 1/Cobra?

Which fan setup are you running and what's controlling the fans?

I currently have a 89-79 Howe 3 row with Ford dual contour set up, it cools great when moving, temps at 170-174 at highway. It gets a little warm in traffic with heat, temp at 194-200 depending on ambient.ni was told it's due to the fin count and density of fins. I spoke to Ron Davis radiators about a replacement $700 shipped with no fans.

I'm going to try a 99-04 with a Taurus fan controlled by a DCC controller rather than the CCRM.

Speedtospare

Mishimoto race fan with stock 2 speed cobra/GT/Mach1 fan. Its cheap ( paid 260 US) and we have used it in tons of cars. Lifetime warranty too. I run a 180 thermostat inline in the upper hose. Car runs 175 driving and mt fan come on at 200. These cars like to run warmer than the old pushrod engines. I keep mine about 190 for racing.

914071_10151584641560470_1424339529_o.jpg

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I'm running the Steeda Ultracool with a two-speed Taurus fan. I'm also running the power steering cooler from an F550 as an oil cooler. It fits nicely between the radiator and the AC condenser. The fan runs 2500 cfm on low and 4500 cfm on high. I'll look to see if I have some old pictures somewhere.

takdashark

Donator
Somehow I missed your replies! I had a Taurus fan when I had a newer (96-98) radiator. When I got the Howe radiator I couldn't fit it so I did the Contour fans, they're not oem though so I don't know if I'm getting the output that the Ford ones put out. Is there any differences between the 96-98 GT and Cobra radiators?

takdashark

Donator
What about 03-04 Cobra vs GT? There's so much conflicting info on the net, and the parts guy at my local dealer sucks lol

takdashark

Donator
Well I got some pretty reliable info from a Ford tech. The 03-04 Cobras DO have a different radiator than the others, the Mach 1 has the same radiator as the GT's.

That being said, Ford doesn't sell radiators for them anymore. At least that's what my local dealer told me. So I'm going to have to get a aftermarket oe replacement, which I'm not a fan of. I ordered a Spectre brand since it had pretty good reviews as far as fitment and finish.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I would be interested in seeing the details on the contour fan install. I might consider using that on my next install.

rq323

Hmmmm makes me think if anyone used a aftermarket fox radiator on the cobra swaps? Anyone?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Hmmmm makes me think if anyone used a aftermarket fox radiator on the cobra swaps? Anyone?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
I've seen stock fox units used, so an aftermarket unit should be plenty capable.