• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Winter plans: Forged bottom end and a OEM TVS

Speedtospare

Picked up a 03 cobra long block with 16,000 miles on it ( 25 kms) for 400 bucks. Mechanic friend of mine was replacing the motor. He told me it had low compression on one cylinder. No worries I just wanted the rods and crank. Pulled the motor apart last weekend and discovered a valve has kissed a piston. No damage to the piston or wall, The valve was slightly tweeked causing it not to seal in the head. Bottom end is like new. So now I have a good short which save me some cash. On to the blower.

My car has to meet emissions, or at least have all equipment in place (I have to meet 80's emissions because my car has hotrod status). I want a TVS blow from VMP but in the infinite wisdom they have chosen not to put an EGR on there blower. Without the EGR it wont pass the visual inspection. I have access to brand new OEM ford blower with no throttle body for $2100. Cobra engineering makes an adapter plate to allow the 2013+ blowers work on 03-04 Cobra's. James from Cobra engineering is getting back to me soon about the details fo the kits and what mods have to be done to the blower. I know to start the air intlet is divers side. Not a big deal considering my battery is already in the trunk.

Why some of you may ask? My best friend just bought a 2014 gt500 because his modded 96 cobra can no longer keep up with my setup. A fellow car club member made 680 whp @ 19 psi on his cobra motors (no emission equipment) on his 04 cobra.

Currently researching; will let everyone know.