• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anyone going to Ford Nationals at Carlisle this weekend?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I will be there as tourist with my two 16 year old boys. We are going to look at Fox Body backends to get ideas for what we want to do for the next build. We are doing a custom front bumper cover with an SN-95 GT lower half, but want something cool/different in the back as well.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The show was nice, but I was a bit disappointed in some of the turnout. On the Fox lanes, there were a some really beautiful cars with flawless body work and paint. However, there was very little customization. Most of them had been attacked by a parts catalogue, so there were some awesome builds in terms of all the cool parts. There just were none of the really custom rides like we see on this site. There were only a couple of widebody Foxes on the field. There were a couple in the show houses that were done by manufacturers as specialty vehicles, but only two on the show field and only one that was painted nicely. The other was clearly a track car, so that was respectful, but I was hoping for more. I took the two boys with me to look for options and ideas for custom rear looks and ideas. No love. The walked the Fox bodies and got bored with what was there pretty quickly. Virtually no custom body work and very few modern engines that were not installed with a wiring kit as a low effort build. There were a ton of Scott Rod panels, which I was impressed with. And, I did take a handful of pictures to use as ideas for the next build. There was a Lincoln Mark Viii that I thought was very creative and tastefully done. I was also surprised that there were only about 10 Fox convertibles. I only saw a couple of rear seat delete examples and not were convertible. No door handle or interior upfits. There were only a couple of Foxes with Cobra rearends. Again, plenty of beautiful Foxes, just mostly generic