• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

04 Cobra Swap into my 87 GT Build

cpearson1342

Very cool, looks great too. If you could just get a picture of the steering shaft clearance and possibly measure one of the tubes coming from the headers whenever you get a chance if possible I would be forever grateful. I would probably go with the smallest diameter (1 5/8) they sell anyway just to be safe, but if a larger size fits it would be great to know.

Also to another topic, how/did you mount the back seats in the hatch and do they latch or just sit there?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Nice. They are really close to the pan, but you can put a heat shield in and some extra cooling and it shouldn't be a problem. Really nice pics.

For some reason i am not getting notifications when people respond. I have been super busy, but have made some more car progress, here are some pics below...

Looks great!! Kooks makes some nice headers!
Thanks! yea i love them so far

Nice. They are really close to the pan, but you can put a heat shield in and some extra cooling and it shouldn't be a problem. Really nice pics.

Good thought, i will have to do that

Sweet build , what cams are you using ?

Thanks!, Comp Stage 2 Cams

Here are some progress pics, Painted the hood, interior to match, fitting the SN95 Door panels, OEM fox back seat before recovering to match front seats, cleaned the cobra seats and Leatherique'd them, Fuel pump, diff cover, Willwood brakes and 13" rotors all the way around (will be selling my cobra ones and Baer EradiSpeed Rotors) and a couple other wiring odds and ends

Very cool, looks great too. If you could just get a picture of the steering shaft clearance and possibly measure one of the tubes coming from the headers whenever you get a chance if possible I would be forever grateful. I would probably go with the smallest diameter (1 5/8) they sell anyway just to be safe, but if a larger size fits it would be great to know.

Also to another topic, how/did you mount the back seats in the hatch and do they latch or just sit there?

I will try to get some pics and measurements for you, I am just using my factory back seats and ordering TMI Cobra style back seats to match the cobra fronts, and a couple other things too to set off the interior

Here are a couple pics of the steering shaft and headers, it's real tight, but does not hit or vibrate

df92fda45638a0275ab9d7d487c37463.jpg
060c18b284aab06d66eff1393cf3a9ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAMD FOX

Termi Swapped 4 Eye
That donor car hurt to look at. Very nice project. I'll be starting on my own Termi swap very soon.

90lxcobra

Awesome build. What all did you have to do to get that dash into the fox. I have a 98 cobra dash i want to put into my 90 lx. Thanks for any info.