• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

91 4v procharged cobra

quik660

Donator
1st gear......Pointless. 2nd gear......equally pointless! 3rd gear till about 55mph is a sideways blurr! Finally once it hooks, it'll ride!
Has a completely stock top end.... All the way to the TB. Bottom end has 9:1 JE dished forged pistons, mahle H-beam rods, 03-04 cobra forged crank...... And the best part..... Tesksid block. Procharger pullied to 10lbs...42lb injectors, 255lph FI pump with a T-Rex booster pump. Thinking bout swapping out the P1sc for a D1sc and going for 15lbs.

Really want some long tubes on it..... But I can't find any that I read about that fit properly. Y'all know of any?

quik660

Donator
Also backed by a TR3650 instead of a T45..... 3:73 gears, Detroit locker, moser 31splines.

It's running off The Detail Zone harness. It needs a good tune and it will be rock solid! It's really cold natured but once it's built some heat it's fine. I also don't like the temp that the fan cuts on at..... Unless the gauge is wrong, the fan doesn't kick on till 198*

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Also backed by a TR3650 instead of a T45..... 3:73 gears, Detroit locker, moser 31splines.

It's running off The Detail Zone harness. It needs a good tune and it will be rock solid! It's really cold natured but once it's built some heat it's fine. I also don't like the temp that the fan cuts on at..... Unless the gauge is wrong, the fan doesn't kick on till 198*
Which harness did you go with...?

quik660

Donator
The Detail Zone...... The one that works with the 98 4v motors. Don't really like the coil packs..... Would rather do the COP set up. It's dying for some Ford blue wrinkle finish valve covers!!!!!

myers407

Staff member
Sounds like it's a fun ride. I am thinking of doing the blozilla on my 2V in the future. Just to be diffrent.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
The Detail Zone...... The one that works with the 98 4v motors. Don't really like the coil packs..... Would rather do the COP set up. It's dying for some Ford blue wrinkle finish valve covers!!!!!
What CPU did you use? Did it come with an observed port

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
My engine was a COP engine and when i pulled the coils out they were crumbling apart, i guess the heat over the years took its toll on them and the are pricey to. You could try to relocate them to the back of the engine, i have seen them mounted on the firewall. Ah hell cut a hole in the valve cover and build ya a dizzy and forget about it LOL

quik660

Donator
It's the 98 cobra ECU...... Forgive my ignorance..... But what do u mean by observed port?

quik660

Donator
It's running on the cobra ECU I think I'm just gonna get the COP conversion harness one day down the road.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
One of the mistakes we did was run the old school The Detail Zone harness with the old EEC-IV computer:( We are running the DZA1 and pain in the arse to tune... Looking to upgrade to the OBD-II setup..

DSC_0128.jpg