• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

92 coupe t top 4.6 4 valve swap

lil red

Very sweet swap looking good I so need to get back on my #2 swap it's been sitting for 2 months.

Yours is looking awesome keep the pic's comming

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
t-tops in a coupe, i have never seen this done before, im not a big fan of t-tops but it does look sweet on a coupe, very nice build way to think out of the box.

Svt Fox

Staff member
t-tops in a coupe, i have never seen this done before, im not a big fan of t-tops but it does look sweet on a coupe, very nice build way to think out of the box.

Some of the four eye coupes came from the factory with t-tops.

roachedone

Donator
You my friend have a great old lady... mine just wants me to spend my money on the house...

Svt Fox

Staff member
Next is the tranny crossmember modification
d5e42537.jpg

What is your plan of attack?

Svt Fox

Staff member
Probably just going to make a tubular one.what do most people do? Also should I just get a sn95 drive shaft? That's what I was going to do.

I modified my own so I could retain stock mounting location, where the crossmember mounts to the chassis.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341521260.034974.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341521319.310033.jpg

I am using a 96 cobra driveshaft. Went in with no issues.

vabeachsand

Hell yea I street Race!
Donator
Nice pics! Will definitely have to check this out in person some time. How hard was your hydro-boost conversion?

Svt Fox

Staff member
Ok you talked me into it. Would a 97 gt automatic drive shaft work? I know the splines are the same 31 just not sure on the length.

I believe the yolk will work, I am not sure on the length though. I would double check to make sure before you purchase it.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Nice pics! Will definitely have to check this out in person some time. How hard was your hydro-boost conversion?

The hydroboost was super easy (as long as the engine is already out)! All you have to do is drill the lower left hand hole ( if you are under the hood facing the firewall) and it will plop right in!

The steerin lines on mine bolted right up to the stock rack. You'll have to do some modifying to get the stock fox lines to work with the hydroboost's distribution block/proportioning valve.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I modified my own so I could retain stock mounting location, where the crossmember mounts to the chassis.

View attachment 853
View attachment 854

I am using a 96 cobra driveshaft. Went in with no issues.
X2 on svt fox, its a easy mod and cheap, the tubular kit is like 150.00 bucks, i done my like his but i am running a tremec 3650 so i had to modify his design a bit to fit my tranny but it still was easier than hit my wallet for 150 lol. If your running a 3650 check my build posts and there is a few pics of how i done mine very similiar to svt's but just a bit different.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Nice
I I'm going autocrossing with this car don't really need abs just need to be able to adjust the brake pressure.
If you autocross without ABS, you are either an absolutely incredible driver, have serious flat spots on your really expensive tires, or get beat bad. Granted, some clubs have special catagories for cars without ABS, but most don't. Even with ABS, you can adjust the bias to take full advantage of the work you've done to address the weight distribution inballance of the typical Mustang chassis. I would urge you to talk to Steeda, Maximum Motorsports, Griggs or Kenny Brown about being on track without ABS. It can be done, but it is very expensive to learn.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
You will definitely have fun. If you club has a Fox or vintage class, you will kick ass and draw a croud.