• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

92 coupe t top 4.6 4 valve swap

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I particularly like that built in spare parts/tools holder in front of the motor :)

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
the lincoln heater hoses both come out on the same side the actual cobra lines come one from each side so its a bit different. i was going to cut mine the same as you did and use 90 degree hoses

Svt Fox

Staff member
Got the imrc plates holes filled
1454c338.jpg

60c79402.jpg

ec0be20f.jpg

Finished
84f8e0ba.jpg

Looks good!

Svt Fox

Staff member
After spending $130 on gaskets I'm finally going to get some stuff done. Got the valve cover gaskets and grommets and the two intake gaskets. 4 valves are expensive if I still had the 302 it would have cost $20 but well worth it!

Lol I feel your pain!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
How much movement is the engine going to have on that corner?

Speedtospare

I might try that. I have a pile of 3" aluminum mandrel. Only problem is that the metal holds heat compared to plastic.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Worked on the the dipstick today used the 2 valve dipstick and cut the bracket off the mark Viii dipstick and welded it on.
f63e41ed.jpg

088fd2f5.jpg

Finished and painted
8566d752.jpg

Installed
29508a36.jpg

6db7e64c.jpg

What kept you from running a stock 4V dipstick and tube?

Svt Fox

Staff member
The tube runs behind the motor mount and the mark Viii tube dose not bend tight enough. The mustang motor mounts are a lot tighter to the block then the mark Viii

That's weird, I had no issues with mine.