• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

92 coupe t top 4.6 4 valve swap

Speedtospare

lol my mach motor onlt dynoed 302/302 rofl. Thats just crazy! No way it could ahev broke that unless you car was at 8000 RPM when the u-joint broke. Good Job

Svt Fox

Staff member
I hope that's to the rear wheels? We ride'em hard in ky (if you know what I mean)

Yes, that's at the wheels!

Since your running the b-heads with a mark intake that chokes out at around 5500-6k, I'd put money down that you probably see 265-275 at the tires. I saw a cobra upper and lower go for $250 the other day! Seen a few in the $300 range as well.

Svt Fox

Staff member
I'm talking about hp to the crank. In going c heads soon so no since in getting a cobra intake now. Besides my car weighs close to nothing. It's nice not having a 100 pound hatch and all that other useless stuff! Got to love coupes.

Yea I'm one of the few that never jumped on the coupe bandwagon because of my own personal tastes. Why are you converting to c-heads?

Svt Fox

Staff member
That's ok some of us don't have good taste lol. Actually I'm going navi heads little different but still c heads. I'm getting everything ready so I can get a 03/04 lower intake for the factory eaton supercharger. Will not work the best with the mark Viii short block but it will look cool and will get the job done. shooting for 345 or so to the crank that's all I need for that car anyway.

I never said anyone had poor taste. I just said it wasn't my taste. :)

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I have owned three coupes and four hatch cars, i personally like the looks of the coupe better but i also like a really clean LX hatch car too, HELL i dont care if it is a pinto as long as it bleeds blue its fine with me LOL. Every car/truck i own is oval powered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Svt Fox

Staff member
Drove it today. I'm going to redo the tranny crossmember. It's ugly and it lets the tranny move too much since there are two mounts, one on the tranny and one on the crossmember. Replaced both when I put the motor in the first time so I'm going to the solid crossmember from a sn95 with the urethane tranny mount.

Two mounts? I'm confused. I only have one.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Rubber isolator that mounts the crossmember to the car and the tranny to the crossmember. They are both are new and I can push down on the shifter handle and it flexes up and down.

Ok. You have two mounting points where the crossmember bolts to brackets attached to the unibody so you can bolt the crossmember in. Next you have a transmission mount that attaches the transmission to the crossmember. That mount is a one piece unit. The only place the trans bolts up to is the back of the engine.

Which one are you trying to describe?

keeton

I don't think I read what computer you ended up using on this car. Did you use the computer from the 97 GT that the wiring harness came from?

Capri_gt

What did you have to do to adapt the headlights for the fox to the wiring harness from the 97?

keeton

Yes I used everything from a 97 gt, wiring, computer, and dash. Other then modifying the harness to work with the 4 valve and converting to coil on plug everything is factory.
Cool. Does that just involve changing some connectors or lengthening? I hope I'm not
Being too much of a noob haha. I don't know much about 4.6s. Coming from 5.0s.

keeton

Lengthening the wires are easy just make sure you use the same gauge wire and solder every connection. Keep asking questions. I don't know everything but I'm sure some one on here will know the answer to your questions.
Yeah I'm not worried about lengthening. Had the harness tucked on the mustang before I decided to go 4.6.

Svt Fox

Staff member
You should look at a sn95 crossmember setup then you might get it. I can't make it any simpler for you

I am more than familiar with an sn95 crossmember. I was trying to interpret the poor description you gave behind your reasoning for swapping cross-members.

Either way, I hope you solve the issue you are having. I'll just chock it up to it to communication being lost in translation due to the Internet.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Cool. Does that just involve changing some connectors or lengthening? I hope I'm not
Being too much of a noob haha. I don't know much about 4.6s. Coming from 5.0s.
We dont bash the new guys here like the other sites, because the other sites DON"T do what we are doing lol. Dont ever be afraid to ask any questions because we are all learning when one person ask's a question. Hey Foxnuts wonder how hard it would be to wire in a SN95 dash to a 5.0 harness?

Svt Fox

Staff member
There are two mounts one for the crossmember one for the tranny I can't make it any clearer

On a fox crossmember there is not. It is only one mount for the transmission to mate to the cross member. I can't make IT any clearer for YOU. Maybe your drinking shine and seeing two, I don't know. Maybe that's why your crossmember setup doesn't work?

Clearly you you have no idea how to describe what you are seeing.

There are THREE mounting points besides the block.