• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

92 coupe t top 4.6 4 valve swap

Svt Fox

Staff member
We dont bash the new guys here like the other sites, because the other sites DON"T do what we are doing lol. Dont ever be afraid to ask any questions because we are all learning when one person ask's a question. Hey Foxnuts wonder how hard it would be to wire in a SN95 dash to a 5.0 harness?

No however, it does get a little annoying when people want you to answers all their questions with out doing one shred of research. You can usually tell by the kind of questions they ask.

Svt Fox

Staff member
You must not know fox body's. let me help you out. Rubber isolator on the crossmember
2F054092-1705-4202-B6AB-CE28D8E08637-5947-00000492DD13A712.jpg

Tranny mount
8FB3243A-A012-47F8-9A8B-6A86E919796B-5947-00000492DEF8E584.jpg

Two mounts so I guess I can make it simpler. hahaha If your going to be mean and not help and be rude just stop posting on this thread. Every one would appreciate it.

That's 3 mounting points Chester.

Ok. You have two mounting points where the crossmember bolts to brackets attached to the unibody so you can bolt the crossmember in. Next you have a transmission mount that attaches the transmission to the crossmember. That mount is a one piece unit. The only place the trans bolts up to is the back of the engine.

I've been working on Fox Body mustangs since '92. I am very familiar with them. I was trying to interpret your poor description.

You If your going to be mean and not help and be rude just stop posting on this thread. Every one would appreciate it.

Hypocrite much? Clearly you can dish it out but, can't take it. If we both abided your request of no longer posting in the thread because of what you interpret rudeness to be, neither one of us would continue posting. Furthermore, who are you to speak for "everyone". I didn't know there was a secret ballot.

I loath misinformation on the Internet to the extent that I engage situations and attempt to clear it up, hence my directed intention to do so, here.

If you want to see rude, since its apparent that you have very thin skin, go to Yellow Bullet, Chitown Racing, Svtperfomance, Ls1tech... Etc..

In closing, I will leave you with something I am certain you can comprehend.

"Don't start none, won't be none."

Svt Fox

Staff member
Going from this with the isolators (fox)
AA4B2F9E-678D-4797-B202-8660DF380042-5947-000004A77643BE50.jpg

To this without the isolators so the crossmember is solid mounted to the body (sn95)
D32373DD-61E7-4270-B4AE-C1F58EDA19BE-5947-000004A777C3FB29.jpg

That should clear up any confusion. Sorry if I sound like a dick earlier but I thought I was making it clear.

Whatever floats your boat! I do know that the "fox set up" has been deep into the 8's - high 7's. I agree with upgrading to polyurethane mounts if you are finding that new stock style are not to your preference.

I chose the rubber style because I want a smoother feeling car.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Most fast street strip fox body's use metal crossmember bushings so its like using the sn95 crossmember because it is solid mounted with a urethane mount. I'm not saying the fox crossmember is not strong It just flexes too much in stock form.
6E23FE3F-B8F1-4346-8AE7-F18CB5D01EDE-6236-000004B68B5348DE.jpg

Like I said before, I've personally witnessed several foxes, go 10's to single d's at the track on a stock cross member. Here is a video of a recent car with stock replacement rubber engine mounts and trans mounts. Hell it even has working A/C.

Svt Fox

Staff member
lets play nice, this is an enthusiast site to help members, no matter what type of questions are asked.

Remember our Forum Rules please
http://www.modularfoxmustangs.com/community/index.php?help/terms

Personally speaking, I thought we were. I thought we had an adult disagreement that resulted in a resolution.

Everything can't be unicorns and rainbows all the time. Some are bound to disagree at some point. How they chose to handle the conflict ultimately shows their character, in my humble opinion!

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Personally speaking, I thought we were. I thought we had an adult disagreement that resulted in a resolution.

Everything can't be unicorns and rainbows all the time. Some are bound to disagree at some point. How they chose to handle the conflict ultimately shows their character, in my humble opinion!

Of course there are going to be disagreements and debates, and yes they should be handled like adults. Just follow the rules of the forum and there will be no issues. :)