• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Can't decide 03 cobra interior or 93 coupe interior

Shane93

Need opinions ! I have a 93 coupe build about to start on . Doing a 03 terminator complete swap posible complete interior. Man I cant decide new style or old , I have both sets . The fox grey/ black which is in great shape I even have florida5.0 cluster with all electric senders. Or do I go cobra so Incan put factory cluster in would prob make wiring easier , i have complete harnesses from donor car. I am pretty picky don't want. New dash to look hacked , not sure also about the A pillars? Also kick panels/ door panels needing customizing. Any insight will help thanks

Bill

Staff member
Donator
It is a tough call if your 93's interior is in good shape. If you are a tall guy, the 93 actually has a bit more leg room. If you plan on taking it to a show, the New Edge interior will get a lot of attention. I know there are some folks that like the fox stuff better. I personally like the flow of the New Edge.

Shane93

Yea , I like the new edge better . I just not sure on some things . I guess if I don't like fittment of new style can always go back with original interior.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
There are several detailed conversions on here and on other web sites. Take your time when you measure and cut. If you try to take a bunch of shortcuts, you will trash a really nice dash. If it fits in your budget and they are available, hit a salvage yard up for a junky one that you can practice on. If not, a cardboard template works pretty well.

Shane93

Thanks , Bill
Yea I will take my time. Will I be able to have defrost looks like from initial fittment hardly any room for defrost vent! Any word of advice on that. I have been reading all sections on dash stuff. Thanks again.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The short answer is yes, you can have defrost. The cut will put the vents right at the base of the window, which means they don't work quite as good as they originally did, but the do work. Some guys cut them out completely, but others live where they need defrost. You can make it all work.

whiteponygt

I like the new style dash in the fox, the only thing I couldn't get past was cutting off the door handles, if that doesn't bother you I say new style dash your updating the rest of the car why not give the interior a face lift.

Shane93

New dash in. Only thing is the A pillars we're they meet dash looks like crap. How are you guys fixing that gap , with cobra pillars or what. Haven't seen any pictures of that spot. This might be thing makes me put fox dash back in . Any suggestions . I don't have the cobra pillars, will they work?

Shane93

If anyone who has completed this swap could post up close pic of how theirs looks or how they did it. Thanks shane

whipple95cobra

keep it fox save your self a lots of work and cutting.have done this swap to me i dont think i would do it again. good luck with your decision mod it your way to your likes.

419forest

It is a tough call if your 93's interior is in good shape. If you are a tall guy, the 93 actually has a bit more leg room. If you plan on taking it to a show, the New Edge interior will get a lot of attention. I know there are some folks that like the fox stuff better. I personally like the flow of the New Edge.

I rode in a Terminator for the first time last weekend. It is TIGHT! I am 6' 4" tall and wasn't comfortable. I am maintaining my fox dashboard due to having a "sleeper" appearance and for more interior room.