• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mod Fox in motion update

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Here are some pieces that might make life easier for some, depending on their setup. The Steeda brackets are a bit pricey, but they are sweet to use.
http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-billet-mustang-front-swaybar-brackets-555-8109/

If you plan on autocross or open track, you might want to take the time to reinforce that Fox bracket.
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Swaybar-Bracket-Reinforcements-C82.aspx

If you need to move the sway bar forward, MM makes a kit for both the SN95 and Fox.
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Front-Swaybar-Relocation-Kit-1979-93-P441.aspx

I'm not familiar enough with AJE products to tell you what they have that will do these things, but since they are a site sponsor, you consider giving them a call.
perfect stuff for our FAQ..:)

fstfrd

Donator
There is a performance shop in Corona called Johnny Lightning, they fixed the issue and was very reasonable in price....nice guy to deal with as well. His name is John....

bd93cobra

Great build. Now that your build is complete Is there any advice you would give someone who is contemplating this swap?

fstfrd

Donator
Thanx bd93cobra, my advice would be #1 take your time, don't use an SN95 rear axle on a fox, cause anything bigger than a 275 tire, just will not fit without serious rubbing issues, and most important of all double check your work, or have a second set of eyes follow your work so no issues arise later. Other than that, the swap for me was fairly easy & straight fwd. I've put almost 3k miles on the car in 4 months, and my only issues have been, rear tire rubbing issues, with 285 out back, and my trans getting hot due to the exhaust pipes running near the trans....other than that I've just been burning a lot of gas and kickin chevy azz !

Notch50

What was it that the shop found wrong and what was done to correct it? Sounds like the same issue I have going on with my car.

fstfrd

Donator
Sorry for the late response, but he located a ground near the ecu that wasn't connected, and two pigtails that were switched with an identical harness near the abs unit.

Notch50

I'm going to check my grounds, I'm pretty sure my problem is a ground. I had it running in the past, then it just got harder and harder to start until it wouldn't start at all

shcctx

She's running great. ..! I still need to go get it smogged & registered so I can put some miles on the new clutch. But other than that I'm gonna start this weekend on figuring out the front sway bar issue & how to mount the Fox one up. Another issue, is that I assumed that running anything bigger than a 255 up front would be a rubbing issue, and it's not, but I don't like how the front tires look stretched and the rim is protruding. ... Minor issue though ! I'm just glad the car is done just in time for summer cruising.
5y8e6ybe.jpg
View attachment 1615

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Nice, did you dyno tune it?