• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 4.6 PI swap

myers407

Staff member
Like many of you I too am new to the Mod motor but not to the Fox. I scored a wrecked 2002GT Vert with 60000 for my donor. I was able to sell the drive line from my fox to pay the 2200.00 for my 02. I have striped it clean and moved on the Fox build. I am doing a compleat conversion. Here a few pictures to start.

02GT001.jpg02GT002.jpg
02GT005.jpg02GT009.jpg02TearDown2002.jpgMustangTeardown045.jpg

The Fox build up I am welding in all the seams and still have a bit more to do on the firewall to get it looking good.
100_2087.jpg100_2084.jpg100_2089.jpg100_2091.jpg100_2082.jpg

modularf

Very nice.. Keep that build going and post all your information to help others.. Thanks for logging on.. And have fun with your conversion... :)

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I had planned on smoothing my engine bay but the more i looked at it your not gonna see that much of the bay itself once the 32V goes in so i passed on it. It will look awesome when its done keep on rollin and good luck on the build.

myers407

Staff member
Thanks Guys its moving along pretty good. So far the only thing I have ran into was a problem with the gas tank straps. I had to cut the one from the Fox and one from the 02 and weld them together. No biggie tho. And here aare a few shots for your viewing enjoyment. There are a few thing to be aware of. If you are putting in the SN rearend it is two inches wider. It will fit but if running the stock tires and rims you will have to roll the inner lip of the fender. To my amazement most of the wiring harness will lay in like it was made for the Fox. Even the push in holders even line up with holes in the body. The last set is the first test fit of the drive train. I have got to find a trans mount as mine is broken but had to get the engine in to get some studs welded in for the ABS pump. Also I am going to remove the Fox sway bar brackes and relocate the mounting point to under the frame like it is on the SN.
mustangwork001.jpg
mustangwork003.jpgmustangwork004.jpgmustangwork007.jpgmustangwork009.jpgmustangwork010.jpgmustangwork011.jpgmustangwork012.jpg100_2108.jpg
100_2107.jpg100_2128.jpg100_2110.jpg100_2130.jpgmustangwork009-1.jpgmustangwork010-1.jpgmustangwork014-1.jpg

myers407

Staff member
We got it started today, on the first turn of the key! It realy seems that many of the parts are so close in shape and size that you can just bolt it together and go. We have the seats and dash nearly done also. Still haveing troble findong a stock H pipe tho. If anyone has one please let me know! I decided to use the dore handles off the 02 also. So enjoy the pictures. And there will be more to come soon.

mustangwork002-6.jpg
mustangwork003-6.jpgmustangwork004-6.jpgmustangwork005-7.jpg
mustangwork009-6.jpgmustangwork010-5.jpgmustangwork011-5.jpgmustangwork012-5.jpgmustangwork013-4.jpgmustangwork014-5.jpgmustangwork001-5.jpg
mustangwork005-6.jpgmustangwork025-1.jpg

roachedone

Donator
Door handles as well??? Cant wait to see it finished... are you going to use the interior door panels from the SN95?

myers407

Staff member
Just got a few pics of the inside nearly done. I did not get time to get to the door panels just yet, but I am looking forward to get to it. The car runs great but I do have to get a new power steering pump and an idler pully. I got a new H pipe and changed the fluid and filter in the trans got the radiator in and made a nice shroud for the fan. Can't wait to get it back on the road. I do have to find an ABS pump. Mine was damaged when the car was wrecked and is leaking a bit. What a bummer but thats the problem when you use one that was hit in the front.
mustangwork014-6.jpgmustangwork010-6.jpgmustangwork009-7.jpgmustangwork008-7.jpgmustangwork007-8.jpg

myers407

Staff member
Thats a great place to start. If you need any advice feel free to ask. I am now working on a second one that is an 88vert and 99 GT. I have found most of the places that will cause problems and solved them. Good luck and post up!

myers407

Staff member
Got to take it out for the first drive today! Despite the automatic trans this thing is strong. It runs great and everything worked just right. A few strange sounds and smells but thats to be expected. Ill update soon as work has progressed on the door panels and back seat. I am having a problem with the high beam indicator. The lights will go from high to low but the indicator will not go out. Also noted that the fog lights will not come on with the low side. Thinking that I will try a diffrent switch. Any thoughts?