• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 4.6 PI swap

myers407

Staff member
Well I found the transmission leak tonight. The car got driven hard and I had fluid every where. Turns out it was an oversight on my part. I used the Fox drive shaft, the splines are the same but turn out the outside diamiter of the yoke is much larger on the SN shaft. Opps!!!!!!!!!!!!

myers407

Staff member
I think that its going to live. But I will have to shorten the drive shaft about 3/4 of an inch. Looks like it got into the rear seal. minor glitch.

myers407

Staff member
Been a while from my last updat. I decided to ditch the auto and installed a 5 speed from a 96 Cobra. I did have to use a speed computer to get the speedo to work. But the car is running and driving great. I had to roll the inside of the rear fenders to clear the tires. They would scrub a bit on a hard bump. I have got the door pannels fitted and just have to build the top side of them now. I will have to get some better pictures of the work but here is a good teaser...
100_2377.jpg

100_2361.jpg

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
nice i need to finish my interior also one of these days when i learn how to use fiber glass lol

myers407

Staff member
Well its been some time but the car is nearly done. My father was my biggest help on this project and he passed away in March of last year. The car just got pushed to the side as it was just not the same working on it with out him. I have finally found the passion to move on with it and finish what we started. I have done all of the paint and body work on my own. There has been a ton of sanding and priming and starting over. I did replace the front bumper cover. I added a scoop to the stock hood. Its not perfect but far better than it wasPhone 002.jpg Phone 003.jpg Phone 004.jpg Phone 005.jpg Phone 006.jpg Phone 007.jpg Phone 008.jpg Phone 009.jpg Phone 071.jpg Phone 012.jpg Phone 041.jpg Phone 049.jpg Phone 050.jpg Phone 054.jpg Phone 066.jpg Phone 070.jpg

whiteponygt

The car looks awesome,finally someone else who used the cheese grader tailights I hate that everyone uses the lx one's

fomoco93

Wow I do have to say what a beautiful job, I just wanted to know how the interior looked in the car all finished. It turns out that I may be doing something very similar, and I wanted to see the difference and how everything fit.

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
How did your door panels end up? I never finished mine when i had mine...i still miss it so much

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

myers407

Staff member
Here is how the panels came out. I used 4 1" L brackets welded to the door to attach the panels. Very sturdy and was the easiest way to attach them. Lined up perfect on the dash. 5411.jpeg

hipoman

Ausome! !! Just by looking at the pics I learned some things. Granted my current project is strip only but the next will be for the street.keep it up.