• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New guy from VA.

schiffy

What's up! I'm not a modfox guy, I'm actually dropping a Cobra 4V into my 98 GT. Got a really good friend who bought a mark VIII and yanked the engine, tranny, harness and ECU out.(it all sits in my garage!) He's looking for a clean fox to drop it in. Met Josh Taylor on facebook, saw his clean ass profile pic and figured him and this place was where my buddy and I needed to head to get some info and help, so here I am! I'm a misplaced Texan. Grew up in Houston, moved to Va 9 years ago after Navy bootcamp and still going strong. 11 years till retirement! My current '98 is my 5th mustang, I've had a '79, '99, '95, '92 and currently my '98. Married with 3 little boys and living the life!

Last edited:

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs hope you enjoy your stay. And thank you for serving our country... I just retired a years ago from the Navy. again welcome

Svt Fox

Staff member
Welcome aboard Chris! I look forward to watching your project progress! Once you are able to, start a build thread and post plenty of pictures!

I am sure by the time you are done, you'll be fielding new member, tech. questions.

- Josh

schiffy

Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs hope you enjoy your stay. And thank you for serving our country... I just retired a years ago from the Navy. again welcome

Where were you at when you retired?

Welcome aboard Chris! I look forward to watching your project progress! Once you are able to, start a build thread and post plenty of pictures!

I am sure by the time you are done, you'll be fielding new member, tech. questions.

- Josh

I'm pretty good with the ole 302's and 351w's, still learning about these modulars! lol... My buddies swap should go a little easier than some since he has a complete headlight to taillight Cobra harness.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the party. I'm looking forward to watching your build

Roadhawg

Hey Schiffy, Welcome to the boards.
I actually dropped a 98 gt drive train into a 91 Fox body. It just so happens I live in Chesapeake and retired from the Navy. ;)

schiffy

Well, swap went well. Started about 530 last night and finished about 9 tonight. Drove it the 45min home without a problem. Got a few bugs to fix, like exhaust leak and a tune, but that's it!
sequgepu.jpg
aty7upa6.jpg
7aqy6ajy.jpg

I know it's not a fox, but my mod swap was a 2V to a 4V. My wife swung by and brought out my oldest son so he could help today. He approves. Haha
eta3uha4.jpg
he also passed out in the car before we got home. lmao! Poor guy, he had a busy day!

Roadhawg

Thanks! Still wanna see that SOHC engine?
It would be a good backup in case I kill this one. I forgot to ask how many miles are on it?

now we have to wait till march or April to get to the track again and see what it will do

Matt

The 1/8 mile in Hertford NC, is open for 2 more weekends. :)
While people are shopping on Black Friday, I plan on making a few test runs. ;)

norfolknova

Haha, sounds like fun. I had to work Veterans day so I have a holiday o float. I am going to use it Friday after Thanksgiving. Maybe I will drive down and watch some runs being made.

What time are they running

Matt

schiffy

No doubt it will be fun. Chris needs to get his 4v converted Mustang tuned so he can play too.
The SOHC has 158,000-ish miles. No leaks, didn't smoke, didn't tick or knock.
I don't have tires to go to the track on. These old dry rotted Nittos are like the wheels your 3 wheeler used to have as a kid. lol... I do need to get it tuned. Hoping to get that done later this week or early next week. She's running like a raped ape yesterday and today. Matt (norfolknova) and I are going to pick up a '98 explorer our buddy bought from my BMCS tomorrow. I think I'll let Matt drive the mustang home and see what he thinks...

Roadhawg

Haha, sounds like fun. I had to work Veterans day so I have a holiday o float. I am going to use it Friday after Thanksgiving. Maybe I will drive down and watch some runs being made.

What time are they running

Matt
Seems they canceled the race for Friday the 29th. They are racing Saturday 30 Nov, gates open at 10am, timed runs start at Noon.

schiffy

Todd, trying to get some folks together for a photo shoot sometime in the next few weeks, text me again so I can save your number and you can roll out there in 1 of your rides and join us. 757-577-2839