• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Project Insanity

Bobby Amato

congrats on the progress sounds like you have an awesome ride now. im getting ready to start my build with my 88 gt and i was curious if shorty headers for a 96-98 cobra will work with the fox? i found a good deal on a set and with work being slow these days cant afford a new set lol.

Thanks and yes they will work.

Bobby Amato

I couldn't stand another minute of that hideous green primer, so I murdered it out! lol It will be at least a year before I can afford a paint job, so this was just a quick band aid. It will be easy to touch up until I can get it painted. I may do the front end before the Knottsberry farm show we'll see.

Also the 86 door panel is just temporary until I can modify the sn95 panels. I actually like how the 86 panels look, so if I can come up with a creative way to hide the wiring and make a control panel I may work it out.

All in all it's coming along. I drove the car about 20 miles yesterday with no issues. Temp was around 185* and oil pressure was a solid 80psi when cruising and dropped to 25 or so while at a light.

murderedout_zpscb2897a1.jpg

interiorshot_zps142f1768.jpg

Bobby Amato

Well it never fails with this car. Every time I think I'm getting ahead something new pops up. I drove it to work today and after work a buddy of mine was behind me as we pulled out and then he sped up to get along side of me. He told me that the right rear wheel was wobbling.

The first thing I thought was I know I tightened the lug nuts because I actually torqued them. I stopped off at a gas station anyway and they loaned me their tools and sure enough the lugs were good.

The whole way home I was on pins and needles hoping my axle wasn't going to fly out on me. When I got it home I jacked up the rear and slowly spun the tire and noticed the brakes would drag only in one spot. Seeing as how the rotor are brand new I think one of these POS ranger axles has a bent flange.

Spdjunky

I've had that happen to mine before. Drove me nuts figuring it out. swapped out for some mosers and was good to go

Bobby Amato

Ok I was frustrated last night, but after giving this some thought it may be an easy fix. The new rotors I bought for the turbo coupe disc brakes are drilled for 4 & 5 lug patterns. They didn't slide right on like they should. As a matter of fact I had to persuade them with a dead blow to get them on. Now I'm thinking the rotor is not seated flat against the axle flange. I'm going to pull the rotor and clean up the holes and get it to go on nice and smooth and see if that fixes it.

I should have cleaned up the holes at the time, but I guess I got impatient. Live and learn. Hopefully it's a quick fix. To be continued.............

Kurt

Ford ran a few different axle flange diameters. I did a few of these swaps back in the day and it was common to have to turn the axle flange down so as to not interfere with the rotor I.D.

Spdjunky

The only way a T5 can be used is with a QuickTime bell housing.

That is the route I'm going with only because I have several and parts.
Note that power from the modular motors, especially the dohc stuff, pushes the t5 to the limits.....

stangracer90

Spdjunky I just ordered a lakewood bellhousing for a mod motor to a tko but it can be easily modified for a t-5 for 179.99 the company is rebel performance out of Venice, fl they are selling them cheap because they are discontinuing them. They are on eBay also but free shipping if you order directly through them.