• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

race lined up when my fox is complete. need yalls input..

Zvines1290

hey guys i have a race lined up with a 99 mustang with the chevy 6.0 in it built with a turbo. its a $500.00 race. but im wanting to kno what route to go with my fox either centrifugal or roots supercharger or single or twin turbos? if anyone could chime in on this that be super awesome. its going to be a 1/4 mile track race.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
First thing get out of the car and punch the guy square in the mouth for cross-breeding then DRAG THAT ASS down the track hard, but seriously a supercharger is good from the get go, turbo has lag but makes a lot of power when its needed. If you go turbo gear the car correctly for the whole shot then the boost will take care of the rest. I personally would go with the kenne belle or the eaton charger because I just like the sound lol. But it all depends on what your personal choice is.

Speedtospare

6L with a turbo makes some serious HP. Hope you have a lot t spend building a car to keep up. Stock 6L with ported heads, cam and ported intake make 500 whp without the turbo. Guys pushing what? around 700?

Zvines1290

more towards 800. but i figured with my set up the 4v teksid built with some sorta forced induction outta be able to send him packin. especially since he's way heavier then i'll be.

Zvines1290

and im with you on the kenne bell i really want to get that set up since the power is always here. and i kno i tell him all the time that he has a transexual car lmfao!! he gets pissed!!!

Zvines1290

and for the record guys there is someone who makes modfox 4v twin turbo headers. to use with ac and power steering and without. complete hot side for 1315.00 PM if you need information.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
UMMM whoops, I missed the built turbo part on the transexual car. It will take a beast of a 4v car to take the win. Maybe a forced induction or a big turbo on a shot of juice.

Zvines1290

Not yet all i need at this point is to install the dash. and have my engine built its already at the shop waiting to get balanced.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Friendly advice, I wouldn't be too concerned about racing anyone until the car is running N/A first. There are enough bugs/issues to be worked out there.

Then, decide on what P.A. you want to go with.

After the car is sorted out and dialed in, let the money racing commence!

Svt Fox

Staff member
very true. i just wanted to touch basis on what peoples opinion on what power adder worked best with the 4v

That is a vague question. Ask four different people and you can get four different answers.

Ultimately, what do you want the car to do?

Speedtospare

Friend just made 680 to the wheels on a stock cobra motor, xpipe, no cats, stock headers, and a VMP TVS at 19 PSI.

Svt Fox

Staff member
that is pretty nice but im looking for 1000hp. that's a pretty good set up tho.

What engine management system are you using? What kind of fuel system are you putting together to support 1000hp (crank or rear wheel, you didn't say)?

Zvines1290

rwhp. working on all that. but im about 15k into this already. and havent made it that far. what do you reccomend. im mainly just going off of information from guys at the track.