• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

race lined up when my fox is complete. need yalls input..

Spdjunky

make sure you get a good fuel system!!

personally I would either use a chip system or triggered when full throttle is engaged, if partial throttle it disengages.

NCTroop

What kind of times is the 6.0 turbo car running, ET, 60 foot, MPH? Is he auto or 6 speed? Turbo is the only way to go if you want to drag race and win. If you are mainly worried about drag racing I would say go with a large single. But you can make good power either way.

There are a lot of variables here. If he has 800 horse power but is pulling 2.0 60 foot times then work on your suspension. Strong motor with good suspension that runs consistent could take the win.

Are you going to run an auto or six speed. Hope you got money playa. Turbo 6.0 in a probably 3,200 lbs mustang is one bad bitch.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Turbo is the only way to go if you want to drag race and win.

I completely disagree with this statement.

I'd like to point out that John Urist, owner of Hellion performance turbo kits, runs a Procharger, racing.

Just saying.

NCTroop

Centrifugal blower will get it done as well but I like the hair dryers. With the right turbo you can make great low end torque and crazy horse power. Million ways to skin a cat though.

whiteponygt

i dont wanna be a debbie downer but it sounds like u want to spends a crap load of money just so you dont lose $500.00. I would just say hell with the race,build the car the way you want to and enjoy it. Anyone can just throw a 6.0 with a turbo they are a dime a dozen here in va but a clean mod swap in a fox is not something you see everyday.

keeton

i dont wanna be a debbie downer but it sounds like u want to spends a crap load of money just so you dont lose $500.00. I would just say hell with the race,build the car the way you want to and enjoy it. Anyone can just throw a 6.0 with a turbo they are a dime a dozen here in va but a clean mod swap in a fox is not something you see everyday.

This. You're gonna have to spend a freakin' ton of money on a 4v to keep up with an LS turbo anything. It just is what it is.

I just always make fun of them because they still have pushrods. Haha.

Speedtospare

This. You're gonna have to spend a freakin' ton of money on a 4v to keep up with an LS turbo anything. It just is what it is.

I just always make fun of them because they still have pushrods. Haha.

not really. 4V cobra motor. 76mm ot twin 62mm HP turbo kit. 800 WHP all day on stock internals.

Yea cost is a big factor, but if you get a proper setup with some Good tuning you can be up there. A lot of times tuning is KEY. I know guys with identical setups but different tune and numbers are way apart.

keeton

Yea cost is a big factor, but if you get a proper setup with some Good tuning you can be up there. A lot of times tuning is KEY. I know guys with identical setups but different tune and numbers are way apart.

Oh absolutely. Thing is, you can take a 5.3 out of the junkyard with a mediocre turbo and minimal tuning and hit the low side of that. A built 6.0 is only going to have more potential.

Unfortunately it's still a GM product and therefore lame. Haha. And it's like the easy way out in my opinion.

I hope no one thinks I'm just trolling. Haha. I just think most of us have seen the power a boosted LS makes versus a modular motor with respect to money spent.

NCTroop

If ford would put some F'n cubes in a mod motor we would destroy GM. Jon Kaase just won the Amsoil Engine Masters competition with a 409 cubic inch mod motor. Thing was awesome.

motor.JPG

http://www.enginelabs.com/news/jon-kaase-racing-wins-amsoil-engine-masters-with-409ci-ford/

Last edited by a moderator:

Speedtospare

The idea of cubic inches being best is old school thinking, especially if the car is turbocharged. Take ford's 3.7L v6 at 305 hp on 87 octane gas. The replacement for displacement if engineering.

Chev LS motor's relatively cheap, especially the iron block versions out of the trucks.

NCTroop

Old school thinking lol. What do you drive an EVO? Cubic inches bring torque and drivability on naturally aspirated motors. You can turbo a Briggs and Stratton and make stupid power. Not talking about 428 cubic inch BB, talking about a 5.8 liter in the mustang naturally aspirated. You know that motor that makes 662 HP with a blower in the 2013 GT500. Be an LS smokin monster in a GT naturally aspirated.