• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

race lined up when my fox is complete. need yalls input..

Speedtospare

Funny thing is, you guys are agree with each other.

not really, He talking NA big cubic inch to have a motor that makes torque. I'm talking smaller cubic inch blown.

I'm just saying you don't need to have big cubic inches to have a reliable, high hp/torque motor that makes torque. Thinking big cubic inches (and in a modern world, 5.8L is big cubic inches) isn't always the best answer.

In Toronto we have tons of 600+ HP import motors running around. A friend of mine has a 1100 HP Switzer GTR. The car drives like stock, handles great, full interior, air condition, runs mid 9's on radials @ 150 mph. A stock 2JZ motor will make 600 whp with a GT35 BB turbo and a aftermarket ecu. There's ever a few 600HP S2000's but there expensive to build.

I understand there a many 1000HP V8 out there as well. I have an open mine to everything and I'm not limited to blindly thinking there only one way to make good power. I have my 4.6 4V powered fox body which I love. I also have a 71 Datsun that I want to drop in a S2000 engine with a turbo and make 400 whp in a 2100 lb car. More than likely I will go with a 2JZ motor because there cheap and can make big hp. In my dream world I would have a coyote engine and a 6 speed but that's out of the budget.

Basically I'm saying you don't need the big cubic inches to beat a chev motor, just more engineering.

NCTroop

Your not the first person to discover an import motor and a Turbo can make power. If your ever near Hickory NC my buddy Kasey can take you for a ride in his 800awhp EVO. Boosting something to make up for a lack of cubic inches is not some idea you just came up with genius. Your not new and edgy.

I was talking about Ford V8 to GM V8, Chevy has pretty much handed Ford it's tail in years past. I like Ford V8's hence why there is a cammed Boss 302 coyote in my garage waiting to go in my 92 coupe.

A NATURALLY ASPIRATED V8 with minimal mods in the mid to high 500rwhp is an engineering marvel. Not lack there of. Easily done with most LS7, LS3, and soon LT1 platforms. Not so easily done with a 302. I know, I am building one. Be much easier with a few more cubes.

NCTroop

You do realize we are talking about Mustangs on a mustang forum right. You just referenced like 7 imports. Maybe I am on the wrong forum.

Now NCtroop be nice! LOL Yes Chevys do make more power fairly easier and cheaper, but they also use bigger cubic inch motors. Its all in the Engineering and design of motor that Ford & Chevy differ. I personally think that an OHC engine is more efficient and last longer, BUT it does have more parts in it so it does cost more to fix and repair. I dont really care Im a FORD guy till I die.

FORD FTW!!!!! LOL

Memphis Modular

Im late to the party but theres a few things that just werent on point.

The turbo's being laggy, with a billet wheel, and properly spec'd cams, the turbo will hit full boost by 3,000rpms, and come on like a freight train. You would want to gear the car with a 3.27 or 3.55 gear to allow the turbo to work under a load for a longer time in each gear, shorten the time in each gear and you will take away from the turbo's full potential. You realize you are looking at a 15-20 drive train alone?

Always thought it was stupid to build a car to just race one person with deeper pockets.

Speedtospare

Your not the first person to discover an import motor and a Turbo can make power. If your ever near Hickory NC my buddy Kasey can take you for a ride in his 800awhp EVO. Boosting something to make up for a lack of cubic inches is not some idea you just came up with genius. Your not new and edgy.

I was talking about Ford V8 to GM V8, Chevy has pretty much handed Ford it's tail in years past. I like Ford V8's hence why there is a cammed Boss 302 coyote in my garage waiting to go in my 92 coupe.

A NATURALLY ASPIRATED V8 with minimal mods in the mid to high 500rwhp is an engineering marvel. Not lack there of. Easily done with most LS7, LS3, and soon LT1 platforms. Not so easily done with a 302. I know, I am building one. Be much easier with a few more cubes.

Yikes a little hostile there arn't we? Never claimed genius nor new and edgy. Just trying to broaden the discussion.

Ported heads, cams, tb, bolt ons, and some extra compression should easily make a coyote make 500 whp NA. Lideo at alternate has already tuned a few.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Not so easily done with a 302.

Um.. Counterpoint..

My buddy's, Stock engine, coyote 302, makes 409 at the tires N/A.

At 15-20% driveline loss, that's about

470-490 at the crank. The car has a cai, tune, catback. That's it.

A NATURALLY ASPIRATED V8 with minimal mods in the mid to high 500rwhp is an engineering marvel.

Cool story bro...

I hate to bust your bubble but, 500hp isn't difficult to achieve out of these late model engines, and by today's standards, is far from "exotic".

Last edited:

Memphis Modular

Buddies car put 450 to the tire with long tubes, cai and tune on a coyote through an auto. Imagine when you start opening up a coyote