• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

03 cobra swap 89 fox wiring my brain hurts. Please help me.

nathan

Hello there. I have been working on this for quite some time. So i am having all kinds of troubles getting the 03 cobra wiring harness to patch into the 89 fox dash wiring. I have been searching all over the threads to find a few answers. This cant be that hard or am i just slow? I have read the posts about how to connect the computer harness to the fuse box harness and engine harness ect.... But i am having real troubles connecting the 03 cobra fuse box harness to the 89 fox wiring bundle that comes out of the driver side fire wall. I am sorry for asking but i have come to my limits. Thank you for any help, i have read the modular general wiring swap info like 20 times, it says to connect the connectors 202,213,216, and 259 from the computer harness and connectors 105 and 107 from the fuse box harness to the dash board. I cannot for the life of me figure out which connectors these are and which ones or wires that get spliced into on the fox wiring. Thank you anyone who has the time or energy to help me i may be loosing it.

nathan

nathan

All right so It looks like the red/light green and light green/red wires coming from the fox 40 wire bundle through the drivers side firewall go to 12 volts when the ignition is turned to run. So I guess I'm going to run those to the 2 yellow wires fuse 5 and 4 on the 03 cobra fuse box harness. Well that's all I could do for tonight im getting married and I have to fix the house up.

nathan

All right so It looks like the red/light green and light green/red wires coming from the fox 40 wire bundle through the drivers side firewall go to 12 volts when the ignition is turned to run. So I guess I'm going to run those to the 2 yellow wires fuse 5 and 4 on the 03 cobra fuse box harness. Well that's all I could do for tonight im getting married and I have to fix the house up.

Attachments

• IMG_20170226_181150285.jpg
    IMG_20170226_181150285.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20170226_181150285.jpg
    IMG_20170226_181150285.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 57

nathan

And I also discovered I misread the general mod motor wiring post from futura guy. The fox body and modular cobra wiring harness have to common connectors. The sn95 cars have common connector so yeah that explains that.

Attachments

• IMG_20170226_181135719.jpg
    IMG_20170226_181135719.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 53

nathan

Typo-No not to common connectors. The fox and the modular wiring have "no" common connectors. sorry it was a late night last night