• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1982 mustang gt 03/04 swap

Hey guys, I have an 82gt that's getting a full terminator swap in, I already own an 04 Cobra and my plan with this car is to have two identical cars when I'm done... same engine trans rear color interior colors etc.

I'm glad I've found the site to get some ideas on how to finish up my swap and make life easier

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Its always nice to have another four-eyed Fox on the board. Welcome to the party.

I love the 82gt and it was my first real car and first mustang.

The current plan is a Lysholm 3.3, ported Fr500 heads, built Teskid short block, stage 3 cams, t56

The interior is in the middle of getting converted to black with Dark charcoal accents with the 03/04 dark insert seats being installed.

The car already had the full 03/04 suspension, brakes and irs.

My current plan is to install ALL the 03/04 wiring and replace the lights and necessary switch connectors to run the stock 82 switch and lights but run through the terminator wiring.

Lol as soon as I get my necessary posts I look forward to seeing the pictures and posting my own

I was lucky enough to get a hold of a 03 cobra that was 100% road worthy but in my state they said they'd only give me a certificate of destruction title.... LONG STORY.

I parted it out and was able to get lot of necessary parts to do this swap, wish I would have had this resource at that time cause I would have saved different items and done a thongs a little different

Bill

Staff member
Donator
No doubt. This website has come along ways over the years. There are some great people on here that have taught me so much. I had been doing many things the hard way until someone here posted a pic of how they did it and...well DUH! :)