• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1993 Coupe 2v, vortech conversion - Texas inspection

CoupeDude

New to the forum, very cool to see one dedicated to modular fox bodies. I'm kinda new to the mod fox world but I've owned 4 mustangs and have worked on them all extensively.

I bought this modular fox in Oklahoma a few months ago. It now lives in Texas. It's needed some work (suspension was shot as was the clutch) so i'm just now getting it road-ready.

Evidently, in Oklahoma, inspections are not required. Here in Tarrant county, Texas, they are. I took it in yesterday and the dude told me he could not inspect the car. ??? He said the inspection has to be performed in accordance with the year of the car, not the motor, and that this requires putting it on the rollers for a sniff test. Not a problem, really, except that his emissions equipment could not read the RPMs correctly as I suspect it was not expecting a distributor-less electronic ignition (my motor is a 2004).

Anyone have any experience inspecting these cars in a Texas emissions county?

I have to get it inspected (and a certificate of inspection) in order to title and register the vehicle in Texas.

Thanks!