• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2002GT Vert rear seats in a Fox

myers407

Staff member
Finally got going again here are some shots of the panels that I am making for the car. You will see where I have cut the Fox and the SN panels and will be using fiberglass mat to make connections. Due to the use of the SN rear seat back I cant make the panels in one solid piece. I will be rolling the glass over the edge of the SN lowers to create a lip and a nice bulge at the edge of the panel. This will give me a positive grove in the Fox half to join them together in the car. Then a few brackets glassed to the back of the SN panels will allow them to be screwed together. All of them will be painted after there done.
100_2360.jpg
100_2359.jpg
100_2375.jpg
100_2361.jpg
100_2366.jpg
100_2367.jpg
100_2368.jpg
100_2356.jpg
100_2357.jpg
100_2358.jpg

myers407

Staff member
Here are some shots of the door panels. I would recommend that you find a cheep set of crummy panels to use as a test bed. I have more time in the panels than in the rest of the car and not even close to done with them. I will be putting the Mach speaker in the upper part of the panel. But I will be rebuilding the top of the door panels with a piece that was cut off in the begging and some glass.
100_2371.jpg

100_2370.jpg
100_2369.jpg
100_2372.jpg
100_2373.jpg
100_2374.jpg
100_2375.jpg
100_2379.jpg
100_2381.jpg
100_2378.jpg
100_2383.jpg
This is the panels that will end up in the car. As you can see in the pictures there are two places to watch very close. The door area at the rear panel and where the door and dash lines meet. Make sure to take your time and line these up. If you don't you are never going to be happy with the fit. I will keep this updated as I get the panels done.

myers407

Staff member
Are you kidding I just need to finish mine! Hope to be done with all of it by spring. Ill keep it updated with pictures and directions.

myers407

Staff member
Sorry wrong coast! But I do love doing this kind of work. I have to say that the most important thing with this work is to not be scared of putting a saw in the panels. I have to say that I have changed directions a few times on how I am doing them. But Ill get there. Ill post pictures on Monday night of some work. Wish me luck!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I have very few trim work skills, and am going to do this so post lots and good luck

myers407

Staff member
No problem this is the first time for me being this deep. I do recomend finding some beaten up panels to play with. I got ming for 15.00 from cragis list. I will make my mistakes on them. Ill be sure to post the panel build as soon as I get back on them.